Beginners and Beyond

Relentless TuesDailies (Read 38 times)

Good Morning Everyone,

Just a crappy run for me this morning. Woke up tired as can be, throat was hurting...It feels like Antarctica outside, the 2 layers of tights/pants won't let the legs move..just felt hard...blah blah blah. I'm just a big bowl of fun right now. At least my wiener ain't frozen.

5mi 9:10avg

Looks like the temps will stay frigid through the weekend. Not sure how or if I will do any intervals tomorrow...we'll see.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners & nice work Jay!

8 easy on tap for me later.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 with 2 @ MP.

Blue, nice RR!  Congrats!

ROS, hope you didn't freeze to death.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Welcome back to another fabulous WORK WEEK!  I know how happy we all are to have that opportunity.

I swam 2500 yards before work.  Run tonight, which will probably be on the treadmill if I can get one with all the resolutioners swarming the gym this time of year.

<3

RunningOnSand

I decided to "be that neighbor" and add my fuzzy robe to my dog walking outfit. I stayed much, much warmer, and thankfully did not freeze to death (thanks, Docket!). I'm about to go do the same, and then I've got 6 on tap later on the TM. It won't hit 0* til 11am, and I don't think I want to wait that long to run.

bluerun

Super B****

Welcome back to another fabulous WORK WEEK!  I know how happy we all are to have that opportunity.

I swam 2500 yards before work.  Run tonight, which will probably be on the treadmill if I can get one with all the resolutioners swarming the gym this time of year.

Man, I'm so glad I don't have a gym membership anymore.

25 trainer miles.  Swim tonight, which should feel nice and toasty!  (But probably won't.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Man, I'm so glad I don't have a gym membership anymore.

25 trainer miles.  Swim tonight, which should feel nice and toasty!  (But probably won't.)

With any luck work will go late and I'll get to the gym around 7:00.  It's usually pretty cleared out by then.

<3

LRB

With any luck work will go late and I'll get to the gym around 7:00.  It's usually pretty cleared out by then.

On January 2nd? Let us know how that works out for ya. lol

onemile

Does anyone here do track workouts in 10 degrees?

all the resolutioners swarming the gym this time of year.

Surprisingly not too bad. Maybe they are not so resolved as to get up at the ass crack of dawn to work out, and it will be more crowded after work. Anyway, I was up in the middle of the night, so gave myself an extra 15 min of sleep this morning, but it wasn't enough. And it means I will be late to work, but first day back after a long break so IDGAF. Oh yeah and my boss is still on vacation.

5 miles.

Dave

delicate flower

I would if the track wasn't covered in snow.

<3

oldfartrunner

When I was younger.  Gonna be a lung burner!

Cyberic

I would if the track wasn't covered in snow.

This. They don't plow any of the tracks that I know around here in the winter.

Did my 6th run in a row in sub 0 temps, not talking wind chill here. It's starting to take a toll on me. The temps are supposed to go up a bit in the next days, but snow 

Yesterday i saw a Facebook post that there is going to be a sub 3 pacer at the marathon I'm going to run. The pacer is a reliable guy, too.

Even though it's out of my league, that post got my mind working, you know. Can I do that next year? Could I do it this year? Of course the "this year" is almost impossible, but I'm not closing the door until I race that april HM.  What if I could pull off a sub 1:26? That would have me dreaming, and working hard af. But more realisticallly, maybe next year I could do it. Don't want to give up on the sub3 dream just yet Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Only if that's the outside temperature and I'm running on an indoor track.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Only if that's the outside temperature and I'm running on an indoor track.

lol