Beginners and Beyond

Uninspired FriDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

Driving to the gym in this dark and cold nonsense is about as depressing as running in it. But on the other hand, it is Friday. Yay?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

30 min elliptical.  Totally uninspired.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Ran 3 outside this morning. Might have to run to and from Pilates tonight to complete my 7.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello Friday people!!  2500 yard swim before work.  I've got a short run to do after work, and it'll be a tolerable 20 degrees, unlike the arctic temps out there right now.  Pretty sure I am taking a DNS on my 10K tomorrow.  100% chance of lousy weather (4-6" of snow and ice), and I see no point in driving two hours round trip in that to slip and slide my way through a 10K that is supposed to be a fitness test.  And as luck would have it, my 14 miler Sunday might be on the treadmill because I ain't running 14 miles in 40 degree rain.  FTS.

<3

5 miles.

Dave

LRB

And as luck would have it, my 14 miler Sunday might be on the treadmill because I ain't running 14 miles in 40 degree rain.  FTS.

Ugh.

After four days of treadmill running, I am looking forward to getting outside this weekend. I hadn't thought about crappy weather but it's gonna have to be pretty extreme to keep me inside.

onemile

I am looking forward to getting outside this weekend. I hadn't thought about crappy weather but it's gonna have to be pretty extreme to keep me inside.

It's not looking good for that here.  But I am going to try to get one in before the snow starts this afternoon

I need to make some screw shoes this weekend

Zelanie

Black ice on the freeways today.  On surface streets, all of the slush turned into solid ice overnight.  It's like 22 but may get up to freezing for an hour or two.  It might snow tomorrow.

Trying to get in touch with my daughter.  Maybe she could drive to Portland, where it's a tad warmer and the roads are clear, and we could meet her there and one of us drive her car the rest of the way home.  If we hit it in mid-afternoon, it might be OK.

Otherwise, I guess we wait until Sunday, and then what if it's still all frozen then?

LRB

It's not looking good for that here.  But I am going to try to get one in before the snow starts this afternoon

I need to make some screw shoes this weekend

I've never needed to make those, but I have at least a half dozen pairs of shoes that I could. lol

LRB

Black ice on the freeways today.  On surface streets, all of the slush turned into solid ice overnight.  It's like 22 but may get up to freezing for an hour or two.  It might snow tomorrow.

Trying to get in touch with my daughter.  Maybe she could drive to Portland, where it's a tad warmer and the roads are clear, and we could meet her there and one of us drive her car the rest of the way home.  If we hit it in mid-afternoon, it might be OK.

Otherwise, I guess we wait until Sunday, and then what if it's still all frozen then?

I've driven in some pretty treacherous conditions over the years and there's always people out there who don't know what the hell they're doing. I cannot imagine how it must be there for people who rarely drive in that crap. Hope everything works out!

Zelanie

I've driven in some pretty treacherous conditions over the years and there's always people out there who don't know what the hell they're doing. I cannot imagine how it must be there for people who rarely drive in that crap. Hope everything works out!

Project highway rescue is a go.  The sun is out!  The highways only require us to carry chains, not put them on.  We'll be driving two littlish cars (Mazda 5 and Honda Civic), and have chains available for one of them.

onemile

A little over 6. Started snowing in the last mile so good timing. Brought Mr B along for part

LRB

A little over 6. Started snowing in the last mile so good timing. Brought Mr B along for part

They're talking 4 to 7 overnight, so I don't know what I am going to do.

LRB

Hello Friday people!!  2500 yard swim before work.  I've got a short run to do after work, and it'll be a tolerable 20 degrees, unlike the arctic temps out there right now.  Pretty sure I am taking a DNS on my 10K tomorrow.  100% chance of lousy weather (4-6" of snow and ice), and I see no point in driving two hours round trip in that to slip and slide my way through a 10K that is supposed to be a fitness test.  And as luck would have it, my 14 miler Sunday might be on the treadmill because I ain't running 14 miles in 40 degree rain.  FTS.

Have you ever ski raced? I got an email regarding it and wondered if you did. Seems like you'd be all about it.

#AGbling

onemile

They're talking 4 to 7 overnight, so I don't know what I am going to do.

Same here and then more tomorrow and BLOWING. And then Sunday with a HIGH of -4. So I am probably going to the Pettit on Sunday and tomorrow is TBD