Beginners and Beyond

The FriDAILIES are coming out of hibernation (Read 37 times)

LRB

'Sup yo!

I have some light strength and core on the schedule this morning then I will walk out of my front door, hit the start button on my Garmin, and Run!

If it sounds uneventful it's because it is, but I have not done it since the first week of January as parts of my neighborhood route have been snowed under all of that time.

Up first though my daily vitamin; a cup of coffee. 

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Mornin' LRB!  I'm taking my vitamins too! Big grin

Rested yesterday, went for a 45min walk tho.  Scrapped my run this morning, decided there is no need to run in the cold when it's going to be 65* this afternoon, especially when I'm recovering, so I'll do some miles later. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, gents!

I'm walking out the door soon for 7-8 miles. Temps are still in the 20s, but should be in the 50s (and rainy-yay) later today before back to the teens over the weekend.

Make it great, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Temps are still in the 20s, but should be in the 50s (and rainy-yay) later today before back to the teens over the weekend.

Yeah we are in the low 20's as well, but I just saw this in the 10 day forecast:

If that holds true, you have no idea how warm and fuzzy I will feel inside!

Ugh. Insomnia last night. Coffee Vitamins now, run later. Maybe pack a bag for lunch run. Haven't done it in a while since it takes too much time away from work, but screw it.

Dave

delicate flower

Good morning and HELLO!  So who else went 13-3 in the NCAA tourney yesterday besides me?  That guarantees I'll go 7-9 today.  werd

Real easy 3 mile treadmill shakeout this morning.  My legs are feeling rested for my race tomorrow.  That doesn't mean I'll run well, but at least I can't blame fatigue!

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning. Beautiful day to run!

Marjorie

happylily

Good morning!

Medium long run after work, easy pace.

It's been mild here the last few days and the yard is getting very muddy. The kids love making mud pies and digging holes in the wet soil, ripping my grass off. Nice.  But it sure feels great to smell spring out there!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning everyone, yesterday was the first day Spring...... hopefully Mother Nature got the message.
                       Rocky and I hit the trails for the first time since some time in January, and it felt so good. It was like meeting with an old friend that I hadn't seen in forever, a muddy...... sloshy old friend but it still felt great. We got 5 miles on them, a bit slow but definitely an easy pace that I enjoy. My shoes and socks were soaked at the end but thankfully it was 45 degrees so it wasn't bad.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 3 this morning before work.  I am still congested but the sore throat is better which means I was able to breathe last night.  The asthma and allergies are the same, so meh.

I'm sleepy.  Can I fall asleep on my desk?  No?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Can I fall asleep on my desk?  No?

Is that two questions, a question and an answer or two answers?  

From the Internet.

Morning everyone!

Ran 4.16 with some hills in 50+ degree weather yesterday afternoon! It was glorious. I saw a lot of runners in long sleeves and pants still, I broke out the short shorts and singlet and couldn't imagine having much more clothing than that.

A few minutes on the treadmill followed by lifting this morning, possibly going for 9 miles with the club tomorrow! Surprised

LRB

A few minutes on the treadmill followed by lifting this morning, possibly going for 9 miles with the club tomorrow! Surprised

The 9 should not be a problem, it is what you do in the days after it that you have to be mindful of.  And I am sure you will.

StepbyStep-SH

Well, this morning's 7.8 put my March miles, on the 21st of the month, even with or ahead of each of my monthly totals for December, January, and February. And that's with this week as a cutback - there's another 75 miles on the schedule before March is over. Makes me think there's a good chance my April marathon will be better than the January one. Wink

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Good morning everyone!

You should carry a checkered flag with you for your first run back and call it a victory lap!