Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

Hi.

It was 46 degrees for this morning's 5 mile run, which was perfect as far as running weather goes. Not so much for anything else.

Docket_Rocket

I took off work and have Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

National holiday here.

11.5 miles, easy.

Morning! Beautiful weather out there

Easy 7 for me. 8:56 avg.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Mondays have been an SRD for me for years, but come July, when I start the Hansons marathon plan, I'm going to be getting up quite early to run before commuting to work on Mondays.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

So, after 3 weeks of nothing, I felt the need to give something a try today. My hip has still been pretty painful, so I did not hold out much hope. I hopped on the treadmill at the gym for a slow jog, and it was pretty much an immediate abort. I then got on the stationary bike; I felt no pain at all, and rode it for 30 min. Then for the hell of it, I thought I'd give the treadmill another go; it was actually a little better, I guess due to the warmup. But still pretty uncomfortable; went for 0.5 miles then quit. Sigh.

Dave

National holiday here.

Happy Victoria Day!

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I swam 2500 yards this morning, nice and easy...not a single hard stroke.  I've got an easy five mile run to do later that I'll probably do on a hilly route.  Speaking of running, I was looking at my athlinks account and noticed I have placed in my AG in 13 straight races, and only one of those was third.  Huh...I didn't realize I was on that big a roll.  But the streak is due to end in two weeks in my half iron.  What I'm saying is, there is absolutely no chance I'll be top three in my AG in that race.

<3

onemile

So, after 3 weeks of nothing, I felt the need to give something a try today. My hip has still been pretty painful, so I did not hold out much hope. I hopped on the treadmill at the gym for a slow jog, and it was pretty much an immediate abort. I then got on the stationary bike; I felt no pain at all, and rode it for 30 min. Then for the hell of it, I thought I'd give the treadmill another go; it was actually a little better, I guess due to the warmup. But still pretty uncomfortable; went for 0.5 miles then quit. Sigh.

What's the deal with the hip? Did you have it pre-marathon or during marathon or is it some new thing?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 33 tired miles.  Tomorrow is a run day, and I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

What's the deal with the hip? Did you have it pre-marathon or during marathon or is it some new thing?

It was bothering me during training, but not enough to stop me from running. Just enough to be annoying; it would usually get better after warming up, although would sometimes still feel it later in a run. Whether it was also contributing to my slower paces, hard to tell. But sometime after the race it seems to have gotten aggravated, to the point where it's kind of painful just walking around.

Dave

KCRuns

'Morning!!  I swam 2500 yards this morning, nice and easy...not a single hard stroke.  I've got an easy five mile run to do later that I'll probably do on a hilly route.  Speaking of running, I was looking at my athlinks account and noticed I have placed in my AG in 13 straight races, and only one of those was third.  Huh...I didn't realize I was on that big a roll.  But the streak is due to end in two weeks in my half iron.  What I'm saying is, there is absolutely no chance I'll be top three in my AG in that race.

Not with that attitude

Kidding.  I don't know your goals, but you're on a roll and I have faith you will crush them!

onemile

It was bothering me during training, but not enough to stop me from running. Just enough to be annoying; it would usually get better after warming up, although would sometimes still feel it later in a run. Whether it was also contributing to my slower paces, hard to tell. But sometime after the race it seems to have gotten aggravated, to the point where it's kind of painful just walking around.

That's annoying 

Docket_Rocket

I am sorry, Dave. Maybe get it checked at this point?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

4 miles after work today. This is a short work week for me! We head to Minnesota for the long weekend to see friends. I desperately need a break...apparently, I've only used 4 vacation days since New Years and 2 of those were from my marathon weekend in January so don't totally count as relaxing.