Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES Might Not Be Bringing the Noise Yet, But We're Bringing the Funk (Read 46 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (The person who started this thread ROCKS!)

Push-ups and ab work are the plan for today. I have to be at work at 7:30, in twenty-five minutesSad After work, I'm going to a screening of the Summit downtown.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Basya! Morning, Dailies, and Happy Monday!

4 easy "Oh-Dark-Thirty" miles this morning.  My stiff/sore right leg is feeling much better. I think it's finally healing after last weekend's monstrous 15 miler!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

What up doe!

No running for me today but I am still beautiful so there is that.  Roll eyes

Coffee, is that you?

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, runner friends!

My new training plan shifts SRDs to Monday, so no running for me today. I do have martial arts tonight, though.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SRD. I have a deep tissue massage scheduled to night in prep of my upcoming HM. My cold is getting worse Sad I went to bed at 8:30 last night....unheard of! It NEEDS o go away before Saturday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

My new training plan shifts SRDs to Monday, so no running for me today.

You are going to love that, it is perfect.

Hip Redux

Morning hombres!

Another cold and rainy day here.   Working from home while contractors are here to do some stuff around the house.   I'm basically stuck here until they come and go, I just hope they do so promptly so I can sneak out for a run before the weather gets worse.

Yo dailies, long time no post.

Still keeping the running short/infrequent, until my ortho appointment next Monday, when hopefully will get some kind of path forward.

In the mean time: at a conference in Jacksonville, FL. Ran 4.2 this morning at 8:46 pace & 73 dew point. Steamy! But felt great; no trouble getting warm, and no pain.

Have a great day y'all!

Dave

delicate flower

Goooooood morning now!  Happy Monday!  Taper week for my (our) HM this Saturday.   I am planning 25 miles this week plus the race, starting with 7 miles tonight, and it may be a treadmill day which is fine since there will be baseball on.  My legs are already feeling pretty rested after a light weekend.  I'll be looking to tear the head off my PR.  Let's just hope the weather cooperates...possible STORM brewing.  Yay.

Where's Bruce been?  I haven't seen him posting much.  What did we do to offend him?  Sad  We need a report on his marathon.  Pipe up, Bruce!

<3

Will run after work today.  I've been a bit off the last week or two, but had 5 great miles yesterday. Hoping that trend continues...

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Back from a mini-vacation in the Big City. I gained 3 lbs by drinking a heck of a lot of beer (Newcastle Werewolf, something Pumpkinhead, Moo Joos, some sort of 9% Scotch Ale, and we shared a Trois Pistoles). We also ate a lot of carbs. That's mostly due to the people we stayed with.

Fortunately they live right next to a huge park (5000 acres). The guy we stayed with and me went out early yesterday morning for a fantastic 10 miler. It was a bit hilly, but I kept it at an Easy pace. I also went out for an Easy 4 this morning, faster than Easy pace. I have a few more days of tapering before my debut FM on Saturday. Whoa, that's sneaking up quick.

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Was going to run 3 miles this morning, and then 2 miles this evening with Rocky but a little punk was restless and wouldn't  let me sneak out the door. So..... I think Rocky and I will run 3 miles and then walk a 1 mile cool down tonight. The temps have finally begun to cool off, the high this week will barely reach 75!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, runner friends!

My new training plan shifts SRDs to Monday, so no running for me today. I do have martial arts tonight, though.

Actually, add in a 1-mile brisk walk to and from my son's school. Apparently my car heard it is National Walk to School Week. Amazingly, he walked fast enough that we still got there on time after discovering the car battery is dead. I would love to walk him to school every day, but it means going about 100 yards along a road with NO shoulders, 45 mph speed limits (so people try to go 55) and early morning school/work traffic.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Morning!  It's Monday, and I am running late.  Later, I will run 6 miles.