Beginners and Beyond

All Hallows Eve DAILIES (Read 37 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Boo!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

It's 46* (feels like 41) with a steady rain falling and I'm about to go run a 5k on muddy, twisty hiking/mountain biking trails with my 9-year-old. This is going be fun, right? Right?

Cyberic

Enjoy your muddy run Step!

onemile

I am not running today.

LRB

Hi.

My body slept pretty good but my brain couldn't stop day dreaming about other stuff for most of the night.

I have a run coming up after coffee and at 44 degrees and cloudy, I am happy that I do not have to rush out to try and beat the heat for a change.

StepbyStep-SH

It's 46* (feels like 41) with a steady rain falling and I'm about to go run a 5k on muddy, twisty hiking/mountain biking trails with my 9-year-old. This is going be fun, right? Right?

Change of plans. DH convinced me to skip - I was a little worried about risking my knee on slippery trails anyway. So I'll take DS to the Y instead and see if he'll run a mile or two on the indoor track. I'll shoot for 5 miles for myself, plus some ab work.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am running today, most likely on the TM since we are at 90F already.  FFS.

No Halloween party tonight.  Since our friends just had a daughter I assume they prefer sleeping than partying as every year.  Boo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

20 windy, overcast miles.  It was 51F when I started, but the wind was blowing at 15-20mph.  I was tired of the wind by the time I got home.  Now it's time to babysit the nephew and eat the rest of the day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning everyone, not sure if I will make it to 200  I managed 6.3 miles this morning with the dogs on the trails before DH called at 7:30.... I had to head back home, he was pissed off that he "again" didn't get any sleep among other things that are stressing him out. I do feel bad but I have no idea when he is coming home from work tonight and I didn't want to try and run 14 miles at night. I'm about 7.6 miles away from 200, and the only way I will get to it is by running with Dorian at some point today. I've got grocery shopping to do, some house cleaning and of course Dorian has his nap but if I time it just right he might sleep through the run. We'll see.

Last night's race went great, though personally I hate 5k's but that was their only option. I posted my results on yesterday's dailies, but I forgot to mention that I did get 2nd place overall female. I think I was 7 seconds off my 5k PR of 24:40 but this was a trail race so it's usually going to be a tad slower. Next 5k race is on Thanksgiving which is where I got my PR in 2013 so maybe I'll have some luck.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran 10 and my groin was not happy once I opened my stride. If it takes the kind of effort it did to run today's pace next week it's gonna be ugly. My hips and left glute were also unhappy FFS.

As a side note, I heard a turkey gobbling on the way to the track.

delicate flower

Hello, PEOPLE!  Brrrrrr for my run this morning!  It was a chilly 30 degrees, but come mid-February I'll be begging for 30 degrees.  So naturally I stopped for large one dollar gas station coffee after my run, and it was worth every dollar.  Headed out for gyros for lunch!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning everyone, not sure if I will make it to 200  I managed 6.3 miles this morning with the dogs on the trails before DH called at 7:30.... I had to head back home, he was pissed off that he "again" didn't get any sleep among other things that are stressing him out. I do feel bad but I have no idea when he is coming home from work tonight and I didn't want to try and run 14 miles at night. I'm about 7.6 miles away from 200, and the only way I will get to it is by running with Dorian at some point today. I've got grocery shopping to do, some house cleaning and of course Dorian has his nap but if I time it just right he might sleep through the run. We'll see.

Last night's race went great, though personally I hate 5k's but that was their only option. I posted my results on yesterday's dailies, but I forgot to mention that I did get 2nd place overall female. I think I was 7 seconds off my 5k PR of 24:40 but this was a trail race so it's usually going to be a tad slower. Next 5k race is on Thanksgiving which is where I got my PR in 2013 so maybe I'll have some luck.

I think it's time for you to find space for a TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

10 miles this morning....one soccer tournament final in a few hours and another in two weeks...halloween party for kids later, but before that am going to a "dia de los muertos" party that will feature a taco man serving food - so I'm there. anyway, have a fun halloween everyone!

free - congrats on the 5k and fingers crossed for your mileage

rick - i have coffee coming up after the run

marathon pr - 3:16

onemile

I ran 10 and my groin was not happy once I opened my stride. If it takes the kind of effort it did to run today's pace next week it's gonna be ugly. My hips and left glute were also unhappy FFS.

I try not to take bad runs too seriously during taper.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think it's time for you to find space for a TM.

I wish I could 

Thanks Ric-G

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)