Beginners and Beyond

A bit peeved at my short race today. (Read 122 times)

Nice job on the pace.

I've been in a race where it was discovered that everyone was directed around a wrong turn, so the official results were listed at the odd distance and not 5K.

Not a big deal unless a PR would have been involved.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Oh, yes, ran a couple of them...one of my biggest racing pet peeves.

Antipodean

Yes, a bit annoying when races are short or long and I'm trying for a PR. I've run 15:01 twice and I've entered in a 5k series to try and break 25, but, having run one out of the 6 races, have realised they are all over or under 5k, not exact! Ripped off! Grrr!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Too many to count, though plus or minus a tenth or so, I don't worry about.  However, several tenths is not cool.

Just wait until it happens to you on a USATF certified course!  (And it will). Tight lips

Randy

delicate flower

4/10ths of a mile is a hell of a lot to be off in a 5K.  That's about 13% short.  That'd be like a 23 mile marathon.  When I saw this race pop up on the local calendar, I was bummed that I could not race it.  Now, not so much.

Great job though getting back into the 7's, Hilary!!

<3

flarunner

The race I ran yesterday was short by about a quarter of a mile. Somewhat irritating, but I knew it was short since I always check the USATF certified course maps and we turned too quickly right after mile 5.

I felt really bad for all those women who were trying to break 2 hours for a half marathon and now think they did.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sorry about the frustration.  It doesn't change that you ran well though!  Hopefully you get a full distance race sometime in the near future.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn