Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Feeling Terrific! (Read 30 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hey guys!  I see that there was a lot of activity yesterday.  I'm sorry I missed it.  I'll see if I can get caught up a bit.  I have several things going on right now from training, to fantasy football to fundraising.  Then, there's the normal life stuff.  You know.

I was going to try to get in my run this morning, but it's dark and I'm going to be running tempo pace.  Why risk it when tonight is going to be oddly cool for August.  It's not even going to get out of the 60's tonight, and the humidity will be low.  So, here I am up early and starting the penguins thread.

My paces have been suspiciously quick lately.  So, I stepped on the scale.  The goal for this month was 210.  I was 209 this morning.  I'M AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!!!  HOORAY!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 3 X 800m intervals tonight.

Hershey whined part of the night so I didn't get to sleep much, grrrrr.

Awood, great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Docket - Hopefully, you can sneak in a nap somewhere.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Hopefully, not in court!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Umm...yeah...I don't recommend that.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning Peeps !!!

199 is getting close awood, congrats in advance.

Bin Running

Awood, great job on the weight.

Damaris, good luck with the intervals. Hope you can catch a wink later.

SRD for me. A little sore of the thighs.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

It's cutback week already! My training plan has cutback weeks every fourth week, so I only had an easy 2-miler today. I apparently run faster with less effort without my heartrate monitor strap, so I got done earlier than planned this morning. Happy day!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

tracilynn

Awood, I saw your news on FB.  Awesome.

Morning Jerry Smile

Bin, why are you sore?  All you did was like 18 miles right?

Damaris, i know how you feel!  Except mine was kids not cats.   Zzzzz. Enjoy your intervals later

My 4 yr old had a bad dream at 2 am and ended up in bed with me.  I still managed to get up and run at 5:15am despite having elbows, knees and legs kicking me all nightDead  It must have been a bad dream because he was literally trying to crawl into my skin.

I ran 4.4 miles this morning and chose a route with a couple hills on it.  The only other time I ran some hills I ended up with ITBS bigtime.   Can't run scared forever!   Stretched a lot and did some planks.   I need to do more planks or be more consistent.  Anyone want to do a plank challenge with me?  Or a 1 month plank streak?  Ha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Morning mickey.  Enjoy your cutback week

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I need to stop planning outdoor adventures the night before. Or start better looking at forecasts. Thought I'd run to Coney Island today then spend some time there. It's pouring. Guess I will stay local. Haven't run in the rain in a long time.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Tuesday!  San Antonio is still on a streak with 100-degree days.  We now have had 15 straight days in a row with the actual temp over 100 degrees and today will make 16, as we will be at 101 degrees.  C'mon, Mother Nature, I want my after work running back! Cry  I was up at 5 a.m. today and off to the Y that is adjacent to a local park.  It was already 79 degrees when I started out.  Got 3.3 miles done with a nice mix of neighborhood roads and paved park trails that had a couple of challenging hills.   I guess I'm doing okay at the morning running thing, but I still prefer to run after work versus in the morning.

Today is August 13.  Holidays for today are Left-Handers Day and National Filet Mignon Day.

left handed cartoons, left handed cartoon, left handed picture, left handed pictures, left handed image, left handed images, left handed illustration, left handed illustrations

left handed cartoons, left handed cartoon, left handed picture, left handed pictures, left handed image, left handed images, left handed illustration, left handed illustrations

photo steak_zps134fe3e2.gif

photo inflammatory_zpsa467b497.gif

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

Mickey, Enjoy the cutback week.

Traci, I am not sure why.. Maybe it's the 19M I did yday.. haa.. Way to score some early miles after Muay Thai practise with precious.

Kristin, as long as there is no lightning.. Go for it.. You are already out anyway..

Scotty, the cow ballon is too funny..

Today is also Chinese Valentine day.. We don't really observe it here as we stick more to 14 Feb.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

I got to work earlier than planned and I have to be here extra late tonight, so I'm pretending I'm not at work and I'm scoping out the forum. Smile I feel sneaky.

Traci - I would do a plank challenge with you! I was the one with the nightmare last night. My husband was in the basement, my kids were fast asleep, and I was too spooked to fall back to sleep. Icky. I probably should have tried crawling in bed with my 4 year old! HA!

Awood - I am SO excited for you. Way to go! You're dedicated to acheiving your goals and you're ahead of schedule. That is beyond awesome!

Scotty - My 4-year-old is a lefty. He had his pirate birthday parrrrrty on Sunday, and it was super fun.

Damaris - Enjoy the intervals tonight!

Kristin - I love running in the rain! I'm a bit jealous of your "destination" training runs. I run loops around my house. Smile I hope the rain clears up enough for you to get out there today!