Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Right day, wrong day (Read 38 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup.

I am not sure why I have so much work scheduled for today but it's a friggin' mountain. I guess the cruise into the weekend memo didn't go over too well. lol

I'm heading out to run in the stupid darkness. How is your Friday looking?

Cyberic

SRD #5, I think it is. Legs feel like they want to jog a little, but I'll wait until tomorrow or Sunday to take them out for a spin.

Little Blue

Damp.  Wet, raining.  To be followed by more damping.  And rain.  All weekend, with some breaks tomorrow.  But not today. Rain.

RD here.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 8.

On this date in 2011... the Half Marathon from Hell.  That wasn't fun.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

cjones1

7 easy this morning.  Slightly less easy with all the skunks prowling around.  Apparently they've had a baby boom this year.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

10 in the wind.  I beat the rain by a few minutes.  It was a nice run.

It being Friday, everyone should have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

StepbyStep-SH

Who needs caffeine when you have a big event on your mind? Feet have been jittery since I woke up, but they'll have to wait to really get going until 2 p.m.
                    Then, with any luck, they won't stop moving for the next 24 hours.
                    Goosebumps 24-Hour Run, here I come!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Little Blue

Good luck, Step!  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.  Why does it start at 2:00 PM?  Get the hottest part of the day over with early?

Cyberic

Good luck, Step!  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.  Why does it start at 2:00 PM?  Get the hottest part of the day over with early?

This^^

StepbyStep-SH

There is also a 6-hour, which starts at 10 a.m. tomorrow. The RD originally planned to have them end at the same time (while most multi-time races like this gradually see people taper off as the shorter races end). Then he shifted it so that the 24-hour people have a couple hours to pack up and recover before the festivities at the end - they grill burgers, have a beer truck, and will give away a couple thousand dollars worth of door prizes. Door prizes include 4 $100 certificates for Altra shoes, a couple of $$$ Ultimate Direction hydration packs, bunches of hats, shirts, bags, headlamps, water bottles, headbands, socks, etc...

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Shari!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Who needs caffeine when you have a big event on your mind? Feet have been jittery since I woke up, but they'll have to wait to really get going until 2 p.m.

Good luck! Take it a lap at a time. It's surprising how quickly they add up.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

Good luck!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog