Beginners and Beyond

Twsisted Penguin Weekend (Read 16 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

International Tongue Twister Contest Day!

Rowdy runners ran random reps of repeats.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Will wun with wife while warm weather weturns.

LRB

Good luck at your race, PAD. Cool

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

Yesterday I ran slightly less than 1.5 with DH because I'd severely underdressed.  The forecast had said 44 so I wore tights and a tee.. in actuality it was 38 or 39 and windy so that was just not enough clothes.

Today I'll try to do something longer.  Work and meeting up with a friend this afternoon.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Philliefan33

It's a beautiful sunny day and 58 degrees!  I did 5+ miles.

Both DDs are coming for dinner today. We're having roast beef, potatoes, and carrots. Dessert is cake, to represent DD2's January birthday and my February birthday.

Philliefan33

I forgot to add my tongue twister:

Perfect planning prevents piss-poor performance.

One of of my co-workers loved to say this.

GinnyinPA

My leg and hip are feeling a bit better, but I still haven't tried to run, except a few steps at the campground at Hueco Tanks.  Hiking is going well, but I feel them afterwards.  We just spent two days bushwhacking over a mountain, looking for petroglyphs, and the erratic movement really seemed to help. In any case, it's an improvement.