Beginners and Beyond

Snaggletooth FriDAILIES (Read 29 times)

LRB

Yo.

I got up at 5:10 for an elliptical workout but after about 15 minutes decided I wanted no part of that nonsense so I went back to bed.

Anyway, work and then an dental implant evaluation to see if they can replace a couple of long lost chiclets. I doubt it but it's free so what the hell.

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I might need help with picking out a bike.  Dr. Ortho and his experienced medical opinion may have deserved more respect from me.  But, fuck that guy again Smile.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can't help you on bikes PR, as I am not a picky person when it comes to that stuff (since it isn't an activity I do very often).

LRB, I'd want no part of that elliptical either 

I wish every morning was in the 50's!! And everyday was in the 70's, the last couple of days have just been amazing weather.... I wish it didn't have to end....

Anyways, I got up this morning at 3 AM and hit the gym first.

No automatic alt text available.

Then, after a bit of debating with it... I took the K9's out for a quick run that was supposed to be 3 miles but ended up being 4.

No automatic alt text available.

That 5k trail race is tonight, but since I have no plans of trying to race it (5ks are not my cup of tea anyways), I ain't worried about the extra running.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Was that Snaggletooth or Snagglepuss?

Anyway today is a travel day so unlikely to run. So far I've almost forgotten to pack my running shoes, my Garmin, and my RoadID. I wonder what critical item I'll discover I've forgotten when I get to my destination.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

Good morning and Friday and WHAT IT DO!  I ran before work, and while morning running is still worse than life in a North Korean prison, I managed to have a decent run.  Still not fully recovered from last weekend's race, but almost.  I got the run done early so I can join some tri friends for a lake swim after work.  The weekend looks to be a fun one too, with lots of time being spent outside.

I got my training plan for next week.  Coach put me down for a Tuesday night off road tri, which I haven't done in two years.  I was hoping he'd add that.  It'll be just another workout on my calendar though.  Not only am I not tapering, but I have a bike workout that morning.  Heh.  And I ordered a new wetsuit yesterday, which I am excited about.

Alrighty then.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

FREE IMPLANTS?!?!

15 trainer miles, AlterG 5K (to see if my foot would explode or if I could go ahead and register for Sunday's race)... and even though I'm so tired I could cry, I'll be hitting up this place again after work.  (The handprints made me laugh.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 5. Made it through a full 5 days of weekday morning runs

I might need help with picking out a bike.  

Saddest words you will ever hear from a runner. Godspeed.

Dave

onemile

Good morning!

I might need help with picking out a bike.  Dr. Ortho and his experienced medical opinion may have deserved more respect from me.  But, fuck that guy again Smile.

Have a kickass day folks!

You were doing pretty well at 30mpw.. maybe you need to hang out there longer.

On the other hand, biking isn't so bad.  If you can do it outside.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Hubby woke me up T 6am and after I yelled at him like that lady lion I posted in FB, we went back to bed until 8.  RD. Wedding cocktail tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

You were doing pretty well at 30mpw.. maybe you need to hang out there longer.

On the other hand, biking isn't so bad.  If you can do it outside.

Agreed. I did it for years before taking up running. It was wonderful.

LRB

I ran 5. Made it through a full 5 days of weekday morning runs

Look at you go, Girl. 

LRB

FREE IMPLANTS?!?!

lmao

To clarify; the evaluation is free. lol

LRB

Good morning and Friday and WHAT IT DO!  I ran before work, and while morning running is still worse than life in a North Korean prison, I managed to have a decent run.  Still not fully recovered from last weekend's race, but almost.  I got the run done early so I can join some tri friends for a lake swim after work.  The weekend looks to be a fun one too, with lots of time being spent outside.

lol

So how does an off-road tri affect the gear you use and wear? If it does at all.

LRB

Was that Snaggletooth or Snagglepuss?

Anyway today is a travel day so unlikely to run. So far I've almost forgotten to pack my running shoes, my Garmin, and my RoadID. I wonder what critical item I'll discover I've forgotten when I get to my destination.

Don't forget to go. Big grin