Beginners and Beyond

Extremely Foggy ThursDailies (Read 18 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

It was so foggy today that I had trouble getting a clear view of the road surface 6' in front of me, which made me a little skittish on some of the bumpier streets.  7 miles for me today with 4 at HM pace, or rather a bit slower than HM pace. I'm still lagging a bit and it was unusually humid today (dew point of 50º in January?), which I'm not used to after a month of running in the cold & dry. Still, according to the heart rate monitor, the effort was there.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

I had a 7:00 meeting today, and wasn’t sure if I’d be able to fit in a run later in the day. So I set my alarm for 4:30 to run early. Actually woke up at 4:15 anyway. Of course the meeting was cancelled, which seems to happen at least 50% of the time when I do this. I guess I can be a bit more leisurely in getting my ass out there, but I’ll still go early. I plan to start easing back into speed work with 10 x 1 min on / 1 min off.

Dave

delicate flower

I was up at 2:00 this morning to jog the Disney 5K.  I ran it with DW and we took it really easy.  Officially it is an untimed fun run.  I'll run the next three events harder.  I slept like garbage last night but I am doing surprisingly well, granted it is still very early in the day.

So now I am in Orlando, not staying on Disney property, have no other plans for the day, and have no idea what the hell I am going to do for the next 12 hours.

Oh, forgot to mention, wife and I had blast on the run this morning.  We pre-bought the photo package and made sure we hammed it up good for the photographers.  We didn't get any character pics during the race because the lines were long, but we got a bunch after the race.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Back to Winter weather today, in the 30s and we might get some light snow.

I have 6 later.

With Trixie at the vet for her checkup. Although her throat lymph nodes have gotten down, they are still bigger than before, so they will be checking her progress and if more tests are needed. Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So now I am in Orlando, not staying on Disney property, have no other plans for the day, and have no idea what the hell I am going to do for the next 12 hours.

Sleep?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Baboon, but staying inside Disney is the best!

Trixie's fever continues and her lymph nodes are still large. Next step is a biopsy and lab tests. SIGH. The word lymphoma is starting to come out. FFS, that's what Rubio and my dad died of. FML, deja vu.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

4 miles that felt much better than yesterday. Probably due to the return of cooler weather.

Baboon,  my young coworker is doing the Disney full this year. It's her first full. she's in the first wave. Youth is wasted on the young. Lol. Good luck this weekend!!!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Still warm here, but in the office,  so mo run outside.  Got my ferritin tested yesterday,  it's gone from 16 to 33, so supplements are working.  Iron stores are are also up, but into the just barely normal range.

Baboon,  damn, that's early.  I assume there is a nap in your future.

delicate flower

Baboon, but staying inside Disney is the best!

We tried but the DVC is complete sold out this week.  We've got a really nice and inexpensive Airbnb off site.

Just got up from a 90 minute nap.  That ought to hold me over for now.

<3

Docket_Rocket

We tried but the DVC is complete sold out this week.  We've got a really nice and inexpensive Airbnb off site.

Just got up from a 90 minute nap.  That ought to hold me over for now.

Doh, yeah. You had to book like in 2019!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

7 miles for me today with 4 at HM pace, or rather a bit slower than HM pace. I'm still lagging a bit and it was unusually humid today (dew point of 50º in January?), which I'm not used to after a month of running in the cold & dry. Still, according to the heart rate monitor, the effort was there.

So much for taking it easy! That's what, like 3 workouts/races in 5 days  Hope the leg is feeling ok.

sdWhiskers

Trixie's fever continues and her lymph nodes are still large. Next step is a biopsy and lab tests. SIGH. The word lymphoma is starting to come out. FFS, that's what Rubio and my dad died of. FML, deja vu.

Ugh sending Hugs.

sdWhiskers

5 miles in windy drizzle. NorCal is getting hammered, luckily we've had only minor flooding--it's been rainy for over a week, wtf.

sdWhiskers

I had a 7:00 meeting today, and wasn’t sure if I’d be able to fit in a run later in the day. So I set my alarm for 4:30 to run early. Actually woke up at 4:15 anyway. Of course the meeting was cancelled, which seems to happen at least 50% of the time when I do this. I guess I can be a bit more leisurely in getting my ass out there, but I’ll still go early. I plan to start easing back into speed work with 10 x 1 min on / 1 min off.

I barely made it into work for my 830am meeting 

sdWhiskers

Still warm here, but in the office,  so mo run outside.  Got my ferritin tested yesterday,  it's gone from 16 to 33, so supplements are working.  Iron stores are are also up, but into the just barely normal range.

Very encouraging! I have a dr appt later today and hopefully will get mine tested. Although, I'm hoping mine isn't >400 like last time.