Beginners and Beyond

SuNdAiLy Penguins are Hot (or Cold) (Read 22 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hey guys!  I just got back from the fair.  I'm going to run a short recovery run to get to the magic number of 60 miles.  Then, i'm grilling some walleye.  No "hood beer" here.  Just some leftover Bud Light.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

tracilynn

Dead     Ran the mile, but right from the start, the hip ache/tightness is still there.  Never got severe pain since I only ran one slow mile and walked 3. Thankfully, no walking pain,     Guess I'll call the doctor for a referral.

That sucks!  Sorry.  Is it the hip flexor?  Or does it feel like its in the joint/bone?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Jerry, sorry to hear that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

4 slow but nice miles with the dogs.  Now I'm off to go blueberry picking with my daughter.

Scotty- I trip on way more roots when I'm walking than when I'm running!

Jack- Good luck to DD!  Nice job getting out there in the semi-reasonable morning temps!

Coralie- Enjoy the RD and the movie!

kristin- We had the same run today!

Traci- Glad you had a good run!  We're all rooting for you!

Awood- You're killing it on the mileage!

Jerry- I am hoping that some PT and good stretches will get you going again soon.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Don't know.  It was supposed to be hip tendonitis according to the RWOL doctor, but I better get a real doctor.  At least there is no pain or even soreness when I'm not  running.

That sucks!  Sorry.  Is it the hip flexor?  Or does it feel like its in the joint/bone?

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

SRD, we went strawberry picking today. DD loved it but wasn't too keen on actually picking the strawberries herself, just wanted to hold the box Smile Half of the berries were squishy by the time we got home so I froze up a bunch for smoothies and whatnot and made a batch of strawberries and cream biscuits. Lots of fun and was actually cheaper than buying strawberries at the supermarket so we're definitely going back!

Bin Running

Damaris, Enjoy the 7..

Jerry, I remembered Steph posted a video on "Hip enough" Seem to work for her. Of cos, still go to the doc..

Traci, You are turning into tree-hugging carefoot runner.. haa.. Kidding.. I would one day wanna go minimal but bare foot is way beyond me.. Well, nvr say nvr.. I don't think I can run a HM and I am already on my 7th..

Mel, 25 looks good..

Scotty, How does no-race weekend feels? Sorry abt face plant.. But it's funny too.. Tongue

Jack, need pic for Hogan's moustche... Or do we need to wait for RR?

Coralie, let us know if Monster Uni is any good..

Kristin, Good job with the 4..

Awood, 60.. wow!!

Lauren, Looks like a good day picking strawberry... Those cookies looks so good.. I have a sweet tooth.. Tell me they are sweet too..

LR of 12M done... Still managed 40+ with all the haze.. Woke up at 545 and the air is in moderate levels.. Some lightning but I decided to go out after access the situation.. Light rain for M2 to M8.. Very good feeling as it is those warm drizzles..

Watched "Man of steel" and had some BBQ in the evening.. Good day although the MoS has too much explosion for my liking and catch held up to IronMan... And no red undies on the outside anymore.. What's up with that?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That's impressive Bin.  You're in a tough situation with that air quality.  I hope it clears up soon.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

That's impressive Bin.  You're in a tough situation with that air quality.  I hope it clears up soon.

Air seem to be better today.. Hope it stayed that way..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar