Beginners and Beyond

What do you ladies(and gents) wear when not running? (Read 227 times)

@runjerseygirl

Casual:

A little nicer, still jeans:

All dressed up and no place to go:

Do you even run?

Butter Tart

When not at work and not running, I like to dress fairly casually, e.g. jeans, nice sweaters, but I don't wear yoga pants or sneakers or flipflops  in public if I can help it. I do try to wear clothes that are comfortable and fit well and aren't sloppy, and I think that's something I deserve no matter what weight I am.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Conservative suits at work, jeans and button downs or polos when not at work.

RSX

Business casual at work. Weekends are Levis and a running shirt usually during the day, maybe a regular shirt if we go out.

LRB

For those days when I'm feeling, meh.

KayPS - great snapshot of your family

LRB - thanks for the laugh

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

NC runner

Cyber-bro

Khakis, polo shirts, sweaters, loafers (no socks)...

DON'T BRO ME IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME

delicate flower

For casual wear, jeans, an event t-shirt, and retired running shoes.

For work, professional attire.

By the way, WANT.  http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=1621&sc=1621&pid=93526&VID=93537

<3

notimeforthat

At work I look like Ann Taylor burped me up. I wear Danskos though because I am on my feet all day long.

At home? Typically if not in cycling gear or running gear I will wear my most favorite sweats or for a night out, jeans and a sweater/tshirt.

My most favorite shoes are my Keen slip ons.

Mmmmm...beer

Now that I've lost weight, I can't stand baggy clothes.  Work is business casual, outside of work is jeans and t-shirts, sometimes a polo.  I'm starting to like long sleeve henleys now that I look decent in one.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

When I leave the house I try to project an image.  I decided long ago that people are judged on their appearance.  That being said most days are positive.  Blush  I wear clothes that I hope would not get me on the Glamour magazine "Don't" page.  I never wear workout clothes to shop.  Ever.  I have gone out without makeup, against my better judgement.

i wear clothes from J.Crew, Ann Taylor Loft, White House/Black Market, H&M, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom  and any store that is having a sale.  I never pay full price.  Purchasing nice, classic clothing with some trendy stuff doesn't have to break the clothing bank.  I read  lots of magazines and see what's hot and what's not and I may have it from years ago.  The beauty of woman's fashion is that is stuff cycles-what was fashion in the 1980s is back (vomit).  I got rid off all my "skinny" jeans about 10 years ago and swore I'd never wear a pair since the only people who look good in skinny jeans are skinny models.

Now you have the the Lane Bryant gals wearing them again.  Ugh.

I'm stubbornly wearing my bootleg and straight leg jeans.  At least I don't have to ask DH to peel them off off me.

Bottom line?  I will pick out a few trendy tops each year (few is up Ito interpretation) and go from there.  Though this year I did add boots and tucked in my skinnier jeans.  I also wear them with skirts.

I like (love) clothes and shoes.  ;-).   I love high heels.  There, I said it.

bounce76

Like others, when I'm at work it's business or business casual, so I wear mostly jeans outside of work or running.  I do try to smarten them up a bit though, with a nicer sweater or blazer/jacket, a silk top and heels for an evening out. I'm working on accessories like scarves, more jewelry. I really like Boden clothes, an online store.  I never pay full price, but there is normally a code out there somewhere to use for a percentage off. I also really like Land's End heels for shoes.  Look nice, wear well, but are comfy.

Upcoming Races:

AC Marathon: 10/13

Honeybadgerruns.com

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Work (with a blazer for court):

me

Play (from yesterday):

mns

I love skirts.  I have no chest so if I'm going out on the town I prefer to accentuate my legs rather than my sternum.  I love a good miniskirt and I love sparkly things.  I hate jeans, I almost never wear them.  I can't wear them to work, but even on casual days, I prefer a skirt or dress.  Sometimes khakis with a preppy buttondown.  If I'm just running around or to the store, just sweatpants or a sweatshirt, or what I ran in.  I know some people think that's gross but I don't care, I'm not going to put on something clean just to run to get milk for 5 minutes!  I know I'm wearing heels in these pictures and I have always loved heels, but lately I'm totally over them!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

A pair of jeans, a hoodie, and a pair of shoes (right now my regulars are Mizuno Wave Riders - they didn't work for me running but they work for lazing, walking, etc). I could dress up for work, but I also have this camo hoodie that I wear for work....and I'm a Manager at my company! Can you tell the owners of the company are hunters? Big grin

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Shorts and a hoodie almost year round! Footwear is always flipflops unless there's snow, then Nike Free's!

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien