Beginners and Beyond

A new day dawns Sundailies. (Read 437 times)

Nevrgivup

Kristin- Somehow I missed the accident on FB yesterday. I'm so glad you guys are OK. Checking in to say Hi! Another day of rest for me. Ugh. Getting angry with this injury. Sadly I peeked at the results of the turkey race that is held every year here locally and felt a twinge of anger and discouragement that I'm still not running. Angry

Luke- I'm glad your running again. Smile

Hope you all have a great day! 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

Yo...

I hung out with some of the girls from work last night and consequently, I am higher than the empire state building!

I have a hangover from hell.  

Need coffee....

Nevrgivup

photo

LRB- Do you feel like this?? LOL. Sorry for the size of this guy. Learning how this photo thing works here. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

StepbyStep-SH

Run went well, but it was windy. Ended up with 3.5 miles at a 10:04 pace - slower than my last few runs.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Good morning gang!

Vwaldoguy, enjoy the trail run! I miss my trail running Sundays but I’ll be back to it in no time.  

Gustav1, thank you for getting us started and I’m so sorry about your 5k.  That wicked stinks. 

Luke, enjoy your trail run! I’m super jealous.

Adam,  good luck with the 10k!

Stupidlazydog, I like it here too.  Enjoy the skiing, cross country or downhill?

Basya, good luck and enjoy your fitness filled day.

Shari, great job on your easy, short run.

Kristin, enjoy your rest day.  I have a sad face about it being the last day of a four day weekend too.   All this family time went by way to fast.  Thank God your kids were inside when that happened! That was really nice of your towns FD, I’m sure it helped ease the situation big time for your little ones.

Shirfan, I hope your extra-easy paced LR goes well.

Jessica, enjoy the “rest day.”

Jneilt, hello again.

B-Plus, great job on your run. 

Heidi, good luck with your run today!

Misty, if you have a goal race next weekend I say take today as a rest day and give your body a little extra rest so you don’t make it worse.  Being well for next weekend is more important than running a few miles today.

LRB, haha, love the pic.  I hope the coffee helps.

AFM, no running scheduled for today but I’m doing weights and yoga.  If that and the other stuff I have to get done doesn’t wipe me out I’ll try to run another 2 or 3 easy miles and see how it goes.  Be gone cold, be gone! 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

runmomto3boys

B-Plus: We cross-posted!  Great run this AM and FAST!!!  Your speed is all but back, I'd say!!   Are you still thinking about racing that 10K?  Enjoy the wedding today.

Misty: I'm so sorry you are battling the sickness again.  Uggh.  You've worked so hard this whole training cycle only to really get slammed with illnesses the last couple of weeks.  It's so frustrating.  I think your plan is a good one for the race.  I can't believe it's your race week, though, already: eeeekkkkkkkkkk!    Umm, I freaking love your "bless your heart" siggy.  Bwahahaha!

Steph: I'm glad you are back, feeling better, and that you have been able to get some running in now.  I hope the yoga goes well.  I did it yesterday (the hip one)!

LRB: Nurse that hang over...too much fun w/the ladies: story of your life!  Giggle!

Hilary: Good morning, sweetie!

I'm just flat out procrastinating now.  I need to get out the door.  Bye!!!

Luke79

Well, my friend couldn't make it so I just decided to do a bike path run.  I wore a watch.  It ended up being 6.1 miles @ 9:21 pace.  I was just curious where I was at for a moderate run.

Misty, I hope you get better and are able to perform well at the HM.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Kristin, glad to read your kids were safe from the craziness!

I got in 4.3 miles this morning.  It was COLD!  I have sore calf muscles for some crazy reason.  Gonna do some stretching today to see if that will help.

Later...

Running for TJ because he can't.

outoftheblue

Good morning everyone!

I'm glad I found out where everyone went!  4 miles on tap for me, which will complete two weeks at about 50% mileage.   Now I get to start building back up.

I also need to get outside to tackle some fall pruning.  

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies! I finally found the group (after starting another dailies thread elsewhere).

URD, hangover, great wedding last night. I may or may not go to the Jacksonville Jaguar's game today.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Run Like a Mother

Hi everyone!  I never really posted on RW but I sometimes do on the FB page and so I followed you all here.  I've been using the log here since I began running in 2009.  I get off track and stop running for big periods of time, but I've been at it again since August and doing C25K for the second time.  Today I did W6/D2 for about 2 miles on the rail trail.  It was COLD here in CT!!  Need to stay on track and reading about everyone else running sure does help Smile

Linda

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

'morning, runners!

I like our new place, too.  Simple.  My favorite thing is that it loads right away & I have no problem whatsoever getting in.

Kristin - first -what a crazy story!!  I'm so glad you & your family were all okay and that your kids were all inside when it happened!  Maybe something positive will come of it and your neighbors will learn their lesson??

second - did you say you have SIX kids?  I don't know how all of you with more than one do it!  You must be superwomen or something.  I have one, she's 14, and I'm always half a mess trying to juggle her stuff and fit in my running at the same time.  Hats off to you.  Seriously. 

stupidlazydog - of course skiing counts as cross training!  I'm always crazy sore after a day on the slopes.  

Linda - Hi!  I see you're in CT?  I'm in Westchester (used to live in Stamford) and I agree, it's COLD!!

I walked 2 miles this morning in the freezing cold.  My poor fingers were red and numb (even with gloves) by the time I got back.  I want to keep up the walking at a minimum but need to figure out how to stay warm while doing it!

I have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon this Thursday and I will be grilling him on what kind of activity I'm allowed to do besides walking. 

Enjoy your Sundays!

Angela 

LRB

Feeling a little foggy yet but better. 

I am out of coffee so I went to Starbucks instead.  I reached in my pocket to pay for my coffee and pulled out a beer cap - lmao!

Pathetic. 

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Feeling a little foggy yet but better. 

I am out of coffee so I went to Starbucks instead.  I reached in my pocket to pay for my coffee and pulled out a beer cap - lmao!

Pathetic. 

How do you run out of coffee???

Angela 

13.1 miles in 2:17:32. 10:30 pace.