Beginners and Beyond

A new day dawns Sundailies. (Read 437 times)

LRB

How do you run out of coffee???

Me of all people right? 

It is a sin no doubt.  People burn in hell for less.

Say, is it me, or is it hot in here?

Jane

8.25 miles not a real hard effort but not loafing it either in 1:07:48, hey I even just visited my new log (with one whole entry) to get the exact time.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

hog4life

As Rick would say; what up doe? I'm looking for 8 later, about to head out with DW and grandkids for some fall pictures. Mitch
        BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

10 miles with a friend at a slow pace (duh). It was snowy but it didn't stick. It was nice.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

'afternoon, dailies:

Gustav - sorry the 5k went poorly

Luke - hooray for F-bombs!

Basya - your distance has really ramped up, nice job

B+ - welcome to the new hangout, any godzilla sightings?

Misty - feel better

Rick - funny how that works, eh?  LOL at the beer cap change Wink

Steph - have fun yoga-ing

Hog - enjoy Fall, we're officially on Winter here

Lori - hi

18.2 miles, 7:48 pace, dashing through the snow.  Finally "good" weather has arrived, I tallied greater winter contest points in the last two days than the previous 8 runs combined Big grin.  There were more runners around than I usually see on a warm summer day, maybe they had the same idea to stick to rural and closed roads in the slick conditions.

Thinking that the shin issue is resolved -- it still hurt a little last night, was only a bit sore today, and feels fantastic now that I'm done.  As a non-overuse ding, it didn't worry me too much anyway.

Happy to be running

Hello everyone, I had 8 planned but ended up only running 6. One of those days...

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

runmomto3boys

Never Run: I'd say "not loafing" would be a good description of that pace.  Big grin   You are so freaking fast!  Nicely done!!!

Mitch: I hope the 8 go well later on today!

Lori: Ohhh, that sounds like such a nice run with your friend.  Well done on the double digit mileage too!

Jay: Blazing fast 18 miler today.  What a great run!  I'm so glad that the shin isn't an issue!

Wildrelic: Arrrgh ... I HATE those days, but it just means that tomorrow will be a better one, I bet!  At least you got in 6!

Robert:   Nice job on the 4 miles today!  I hope the calf thing isn't a big issue!  Roll out those bad boys!

Out of the Blue: I hope the 4 miles go well today!  Pruning too?  Busy day!!

Tom: Arrrgh - you + LRB were cocktailing it last night!  I bet you had a blast, though!

Linda: I'm glad you came over here!!!  Fantastic job knocking out the 2 miles today on the rail trail! 

Basya: Great job on that 13 miler!!  Nice and fast pace!!!  Woot!

Vegan Ang: I'm glad you were able to get out and moving a bit, at least. 

I got 19.3 miles done at 8:31 pace. It felt pretty fantastic and relatively easy (well, as easy as 19 gets - hehe!).  80.4 miles in for the week.  I'm really pleased with the pace on today's run, in particular, b/c I ran 50 of this week's miles b/t Friday AM and right now. 

Misty

Geez Heidi- fantastic run!

Another URD for me Sad. Was going to try for a few but have felt worse as the day progresses.

Misty

Bless your heart.

runmomto3boys

Geez Heidi- fantastic run!

Another URD for me Sad. Was going to try for a few but have felt worse as the day progresses.

Man, Misty, I'm so sorry. I just feel terrible that this is all happening the week b/f your race.  I think you are doing the right thing in resting, though.  You need to get healthy ASAP and resting is what is going to get you there.  I hope that you recover and feel better soon, hon!

Nevrgivup

Great run Heidi! I hope you feel better soon Misty.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Jabberwocky

Hello, everyone!  It looks as if this is going to work this time!

5 miles at LR pace today.  Ran into Sue-in-TN and she told me about this place.  It is good to see you all again!

not lazy, just tired

Kristen - What a scary thing. So glad your kids were inside.

Steph - downhill skiing. This morning was fun. They were making snow like crazy - goggles kept getting iced over.

LRB - Glad you're feeling better.

Misty - Hope you feel better soon.

Welcome FlashBazbo!

Not if it makes sense.

Weights are done. Abs will be done before bed.
                            FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Flash - did you catch the Bedlam game last night? holy cow that was the most nerve-wracking game ever!! 4 miles done at 10:40 pace on the beautiful University of Oklahoma campus. I had intended for my pace to be closer to 11:00, but I had a lot of pep in my step today. It was such a fabulous day!! It felt great to just be alive. Okay, now I'm bring cheesy, but for reals...it was in the mid-50s and sunny. Smile
                              Jabberwocky

I missed it, Flippy -- but my brother kept me updated (more or less) by messaging.  Things have got to be happy in Soonerland!