Beginners and Beyond

A new day dawns Sundailies. (Read 437 times)

LRB

As Rick would say; what up doe? I'm looking for 8 later, about to head out with DW and grandkids for some fall pictures. Mitch

Like!

B-Plus

RMTB, RM3B, RMT3B? - Thank you? I had already gotten back from the wedding when I posted and had a great time. I decided not to run the 10k, which was on Nov 18. I think the next race around here might not until Jan, except for maybe a jingle all the way type dash in Dec.

Shirfan - No Godzilla here yet, except for the one in my pants. Did you bother writing a RR? Did it get eaten by the spam?

I've talked myself outta running in the rain (Monday morning now). If I wanted to get soaked, I can do that anytime I want at home. I'll wait it out until peeps in this house wake up then just give up if I doesn't stop.

Later all

seeamyrun

Well, I found all the cool kids!

I just woke up from a nap...yawn!

Managed 21 miles today at a decent pace (for me) and I'm feeling pretty good. I only planned on 20 but misjudged my run and was another mile from the car, so what the hell.

I need to get dinner started, catch ya'll later!

9.1 miles for me after watching the Vikings absolutely suck.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I have not stopped here today as I've been going and going since I woke up.  I just finished 4 nice slow miles.  Vegas, bring it!  I'm entering my fifth week of running without needing albuterol, so yay!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jenven

Good Evening! I've survived the (temporary?) migration. Week 9, Day 1 (solid 30 minutes) is in the books. Yay! Unfortunately, I attempted this run previously on Friday morning and failed miserably. Looks like I'm not quite ready for 32 degree temps yet.

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Hello all! SUSchnauzer checking in. I signed up to be a member here. The site looks pretty nice. Can I import my Garmin training data over to this site? I like the fact that I would be able to have everything on one site. It is nice to see so many familiar people here. I will upload my avatar when I get back home.

We are in Columbus, OH for the weekend visiting family. I ran 6 miles here yesterday. It was pretty cold. 35F with the feel of 20F. The roads are very flat compared to back home. I ran at a 7:47 pace with relative ease. 

I did run in the 4.4 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. I will write a race report when we get home. I ran it in 31:13. It is not a good indicator of my fitness as over 2700 people ran on narrow roads so I was doing a lot of dodging and weaving most of the race.

I have 7 miles on tap for tomorrow here in Ohio. Have a great weekend! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

delicate flower

WHAT DO YOU SAY THERE, CHARLIE SIXPACK!

4.5 miles of speedwork on the treadmill today.  Quarter mile intervals about 40 seconds faster pace than 5K speed.  Rocked it.  

Had lunch at Moe's with DW.  Welcome to Moe's!

<3

workinprogress11

Good evening all!  13.5 mile MLR today.  It was quite a challenge.  You would think I would have enough carbs on board from Thanksgiving weekend, but I started bonking around mile 11 and had to change my route to swing by my house so I could gulp down some graham crackers and Coke to finish the rest of the run.  I may still be recovering from whatever flu kind of thing I had prior to Thanksgiving.  Hopefully it was just one of those days.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Shirfan -  you are using your old avatar.

EasyMiles

Race went well today except the course was only 5.91 Garmin Miles!  It was a nice day out with a little wind and temps around 30 with full sunshine.  Finished 23rd OA/6thAG at 39:30 with splits of 6:34, 6:35, 6:43, 6:41, 6:49, and 6:08 for a 6:41 average.  

Adam

Heidi - nice D and pace, gotta love the runs that seem easy

Flash - welcome to the new place

Flippy - good weather always seems to help pick up the pace

B+ - report here...so, since you brought it up, there is a hilarious thread on the Running 101 forum about a.. uh.. godzilla warmer

Amy - great work on the 21

Fuzzy - I'll see your Vikings suck and raise you one Bills.  The lack of hockey just makes it even worse.

Schnauzer - hi.. yes the old avi is back for now. Nice pace in the flat lands

EasyMiles - congrats on the race

Runshortii

SRD for me. Bears won! Now hoping for a Packers loss Smile

3 miles on the TM this evening, hoped for a nice long run but never happened.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Lilac - yes the race was in Bethlehem.

Since my cell phone went thru the wash I have to look up numbers the old school way - the phone book .

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!