Beginners and Beyond

Trying to post one of my race reports... (Read 17 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Was trying to post one of my usual race reports with the photos I took.

I finished the draft and put into the topic, etc., but when I hit the Post button, the report and photos will not post.

Has the forum changed their rules for photos?  My photos are from Photobucket and I usually just copy them over to here and then post my report.  All my  previous reports have posted, so why not this one?  I am not getting any forum error message or anything about if there is somehing wrong with the post.

Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong, etc?

Thanks!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Must have been some glitch.  I can see all that you posted, so hoping it's been resolved?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Must have been some glitch.  I can see all that you posted, so hoping it's been resolved?

it would not let me do ONE post with all the photos in one post.

When I broke it down into 3 posts, that lessened the number of photos per post, and then it let me post those 3.

So I thought maybe the website owner/administrator had now set a limit on number of photos per post.

I know I post a LOT of photos, which use for the site a lot of whatever the technical term is for it.  I am trying to make up for that by making more donations through the year to the Administrator to help maintain the site.  I think that's only fair, since he/she/they kindly allow me to post so much data onto the site.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, each post has a maximum number of characters and you would have to divide it in one main post (first post on the thread) and the other two).  I remember that from when I posted results in the 2015 or 2014 in 2014 game.  So, maybe the limit counts the photos as characters as well and this particular one exceeded that?

I can ask Eric if it continues happening so you know how to divide it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page