Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins Like To Schedule Some "Me" Time (Read 185 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats weekend racers! keep the RRs coming love reading them!

I really messed up my knee with the little run on Saturday. It hurts to walk. I am so frustrated. I'm taking a total rest day today, as I did yesterday.

have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Philliefan33

Congrats on your milestones, Margo!   DH and I will be making decisions on paint and tile color for a kitchen mini makeover.  I bet your husband is THRILLED!  Wink

Yes, I ask DH his opinion on colors, then choose what I want.  He will help put new tile on the backsplash, but he is not allowed to do any  painting.  I do all of the paint jobs around the house because DH has terrible painting technique.

Bin Running

Good job on the race, Tomas and damaris!

srd for me. Weekend runs went pretty well. 6.5 and 12M.

Had a flat tyre yday. Only discovered after reaching home. Will have to find some time to change it to the spare and the flat patched or something.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Good morning!  This is a very busy week for me at work because we have mid-year reading testing.  We have almost 500 kids in our school that we test in two languages so it can be a logistical nightmare.  Hopefully we're well prepared and get through it!

Today we're also hoping for some family time since Mondays are DD's only evening off at the moment.  So the plan is for 5.5 easy, then DH is making dinner and we will watch some Twin Peaks.

Margo, congrats on the mileage milestones!  I'm just getting the hang of double-digit runs myself.

D2- IIRC you're still only running easy miles outside of your races, correct?  I know you don't need speedwork to get any faster, hehe, but I'm wondering if practicing some of those paces in between "easy" and "race" might help you build up some strength that you need now that you're racing?  Maybe just once a week something?

Everyone else, hope things are going well!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Sorry I'm late, work has been busy.

Goofy challenge done (RR posted).  SRD today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats to T-Rod, Damaris, Scotty and anyone else who raced this weekend.  I think T-Rod should definitely rest up a bit.  How are you feeling today?

I am a lil sore. Nothing too bad. Feel a lil hung over. Maybe it was the beers from miles 21-23. Maybe it was the beers during the texans game.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Philliefan33

I'm happy just getting to double digits for the week.

Bill, most of us started at that level and for many of us it wasn't too long ago.  I think the key to  improvement is to run consistently and try to enjoy the process.  That's why I note my little milestones.  And it is why you can be proud of your double-digit weeks -- we each worked hard to get to we are.

Docket_Rocket

How did you do, Tomas?  You are writing an RR, RIGHT?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I had a blast. Finished between 5:15-5:30. My chip in my bib didn't cooperate. My 2nd half of the race was faster than my first half. Each half was faster than my pr half marathon time. That was in October. I felt bad at mile 16 when my older sister told me to take off and run my race as my lil sister wasn't doing so hot. We all met up together at the family meeting place and got pictures.

I will do a real report sometime this week. Hopefully tonight.

How did you do, Tomas?  You are writing an RR, RIGHT?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Sleepy morning for me, but busy, with a lot of stuff to do, and students back on campus.  That always makes things interesting, as they mill around, get in the way, and generally have no idea where they're supposed to be.  Life is never dull!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Tomas.  I cannot wait to read it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Congrats on the marathon Tomas Big grin

PT in 40 minutes.. hip and foot both feel stronger/better, if somewhat sore still, not sure if I'll be cleared to try running this week. I did the elliptical instead of the bike on Saturday and that'll be a good alternative for me I think - easy to focus on not turning that left knee in, and I could feel it working the weaker hip. MTA and also it doesn't make my butt go numb like the bike has a tendency to do :P Tomorrow will mark 4 weeks off, minus the mile on New Year's Day and the one minute I spent on the treadmill last week. It still sucks but it's gotten much easier to wait.. every day off is one day closer to coming back, and I've been off for so long now that I don't want to screw it up and have to start over.

Jen16226

Good Afternoon......

I love me time!  I just never get enough of it, unless you count getting up at 5 am so I can get on the treadmill.

And this morning I didn't get on the treadmill. I stayed up later than usual watching something with DH and unless I am in bed by 9:30, I do not feel good on the treadmill that early.  So I will get my 3 miles in after work.  Not sure yet if I am using the treadmill or getting on the trail.  I think it is going to depend on whether DD2 already ran or not.  If she didn't, then I will drag her out with me.  I can't run with DD1.....she is on the track team and does 5K in 21 minutes....a penguin she is not!

Well, I have to get back to work....will check in again later.

Everyjoy your afternoon!

Jen

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Hey guys

Just popping in real quick on my lunch break. I'll get 5 in tonight when most people are sleeping.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Don't believe everything you think. 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kristin - Any luck trying to find a new doctor?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013