Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: It's Gonna Be A Stone Gas Honey! (Read 67 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I'll probably run 4 after work. I'm treating this week as a massive cutback week since my husband and I have off all next week - we decided a few months ago that we needed a spring staycation. So I'm planning on running my heart out next week. Can't wait!

Jedi, same with me. I live in Eastern PA and all day they called for 2-4". Not a whole lot closed, but we didn't get a single snowflake.

Just B.S.

Hi guys, I've been basically MIA in case anyone noticed.Smile You guys are far too chatty to have any hope of

catching up.

It's been a heck of a busy week. First fitness wise............

Sunday -         11.5 miles

Monday  -        swim 1,300 meters a.m. - run 5 miles p.m.

Tuesday -       swim 1,500 meters a.m. - walk 3 miles p.m.

Wednesday - run a 9.25 mile circuit  from the Aquatic Center and back and then immediately change to swimsuit

get in the pool  and  swim 1,300 meters. Yet I still couldn't sleep last night.Roll eyes

84 yr old Aunt to E.R. on Sunday. Took Aunt back to hospital for more tests yesterday morning. She is now on some

new meds. Then did her grocery shopping.  She gave me an awful scare Sunday morning but is going to be OK for

now. Her health is failing and things are starting to shut down. It's sad to watch.

BusterMan to Vet on Monday, extremely ill. After a week or so  of being lethargic by Monday morning he has

stopped eating or drinking and by this time barely moving. Possible diagnosis sarcoma or Lyme Disease.

Very happy to say that Buster does not have cancer. He does have an acute case of Lyme Disease. But a few

months worth  of antibiotics and a $1,000 Vet bill later he will hopefully be back to normal and his old silly self.

Yesterday was our BUSTERversary, one year since we were lucky enough to become his pet parents, it was such

a relief to get good news on such a day!

Plans for today are 5 very easy miles and swim clinic tonight. I always run easy on Thursday because the coach

for Thursday swim club gives us quite a hard workout.

Have a good day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Tough day already and it's only 9am.  Lost my credit card at lunch yesterday but found out this morning.  Went to PT to work on my sacrum and now working from home.  I have 10-13 miles tonight.

Hope everybody has a great day.  I'll be back in a few.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Personal trainer this morning 6am at the club..........then tonight after a late afternoon sales call 4 miles on the bike trail. Man, cant wait until next week......SPRING AHEAD EVERYONE!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Beth, I'm so happy to hear that both are going to be OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Beth, so happy to hear the good news about Buster!

10M for me after work.

LRB

What up doe!

D, call your CC company and put them on notice just in case.

Hi Beth!

I know that feeling Flo!

Supp April, Basya, Kris, Shari, Zel, Spark, Bruce, Weezer, Dave, JG, and Fuzzy! 

Boon, there is something wicked going around here and I have been so paranoid about catching it!  Yesterday, I washed my hands while at Fuddruckers three times, before I ate! 

Me, I got 6 easy miles done outside with 8 strides and I must say, I cannot wait to kick off them stupid running pants.  They have gotten so big (or I small), that they were falling down while I was running my strides!

Docket_Rocket

That was done.  They are sending replacements but we won't get them prior to going on vacation, bah.  Pants being too big is never a bad problem.

What up doe!

D, call your CC company and put them on notice just in case.

Hi Beth!

I know that feeling Flo!

Supp April, Basya, Kris, Shari, Zel, Spark, Bruce, Weezer, Dave, JG, and Fuzzy! 

Boon, there is something wicked going around here and I have been so paranoid about catching it!  Yesterday, I washed my hands while at Fuddruckers three times, before I ate! 

Me, I got 6 easy miles done outside with 8 strides and I must say, I cannot wait to kick off them stupid running pants.  They have gotten so big (or I small), that they were falling down while I was running my strides!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Beth, that's great news about Buster! And your aunt. Smile

Hip Redux

Good news about Buster!  I hate ticks.

Ran last night with no ITB pain, finally.  Will be patient but I hope this is the end of that crap.

delicate flower

Beth, great news about your pooch!  Not so much the vet bill though.

<3

outoftheblue

Good Morning!

My tempo run went really well last night -- 4 miles at 8:35 pace, with 2 miles each warm up and cool down.  Today's its just 4 miles at very easy pace.  Also today we have to plant our tomato, pepper, squash and eggplant seeds in indoor containers to start them germinating.  We've converted part of our living room into a temporary "germination station" so it will be fun to watch them sprout.  Can't wait for spring.

Kristin -- that sounds like an awesome snow run.

Beth -- I'm so glad both your aunt and Buster are OK.

Life is good.

Just B.S.

Thanks guys!!!   Kidney damage is often a side affect but his kidney function seems fine so that was a relief.

He started drinking again but still isn't eating anything except the pieces of hot dog we hide the pills in

and has lost 10lbs.  Since he was about 20lbs overweight it's not a bad thing!LOL

It will take a while to get back to normal but at least he is still with us. Now I need to let all my neighbours

know so they can be aware that Lyme Disease is active here.

LRB

I just bought a new racing singlet.  Oops!

Docket_Rocket

You know we need pictures of you wearing it, right?

I just bought a new racing singlet.  Oops!

Damaris

Fundraising Page