Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: It's Gonna Be A Stone Gas Honey! (Read 67 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Just found it amusing school closed nite before, that stuff never happened when i lived on Long Island but we got snow all the time so it did not effect people like here.

Morning! I'll probably run 4 after work. I'm treating this week as a massive cutback week since my husband and I have off all next week - we decided a few months ago that we needed a spring staycation. So I'm planning on running my heart out next week. Can't wait!

Jedi, same with me. I live in Eastern PA and all day they called for 2-4". Not a whole lot closed, but we didn't get a single snowflake.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hiya dailies.  Did 11.1.  The weather was nice.  A bit chilly when I started but it warmed well after that.

Love the pic LRB

Hope the coffee helped step by step

Basya how is recovery going from the race?

Phil glad you feel better

Kristin glad the snow didn't accumulate

Waves to everyone else

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Beth so great on the dog!  I'm very happy for you.  He will come around and start eating again soon

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hopefully 30 minutes of Aerobic Kickboxing tonight, had a great 7 miler last night in my new shoes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am 'fatigued"!  Apparently the reason I am fatigued is that I have some type of virus or stomach bug,  I found that out this morning after my run.  I got up at 5 a.m. went to Lackland Air Force Base to run with a couple of buds.  I felt pretty good for the whole run/walk, and we did 4.5 miles.  But after I stopped, it was like - WHAM! - something hit me and I puked a couple of times post-run.  My buds, knowing my medical history, got all concerned and hustled me over to the nearby Troop Clinic.  Funny, there I am, retired military, sitting in among all these trainees, lol. The doc worked me in, took some tests (blood, urine, etc), had me wait for the results, also told me I had a temp of 100, not too bad.  The results showed nothing serious.  He told me my body was probably trying to fight something off and the run/walk most likely made my body more tired and made everything 'surface."   He gave me some meds to help, told me to go home and do nothing for the next 24 hours, rest, rest, rest, drink lots of liquids, rest some more. So now I am at home with an unexpected day off work, napping on-and-off, drinking lots of water, and will only eat stuff  for a while that is very easy on my stomach.

Oh well, life goes on, this too shall pass.   At least I got a very nice run/walk in, lol.  One funny thing happened to us along the way.  As we were nearly finished, we were running down one of the Troop Walk streets - closed off streets where the Air Force basic trainees march to and from classes, training, chow halls, etc.  We had forgotten that Friday is "Graduation Day" for some of the trainees, so Thursday is "Family Day', when family and friends can come out and visit with the graduating trainees.  The visitors also get an orientation about what will happen on graduation day with the ceremony, post-graduation, etc.  Part of Family Day is the visitors all line up along the Troop Walk and the graduating trainees march past them 'in review."  We had forgotten about that too. So here we are, running down the Troop Walk street, with all these people lined up on either side of us, lol, waiting for the trainees to appear for the review.  As usual, I was wearing one of my I BEAT CANCER shirts and someone  saw that and shouted "Beat cancer, yeah!"  And then all these folks started clapping and cheering us along as we 'ran the gauntlet' between the two lines of them.  Too funny!   We kind of hammed it up, l just going with it, raising our arms over our heads in 'victory",  and I heard one of my buds calling out "Thank you, thank you!  My family thanks you, my dog thanks you, my cat thanks you!"  Joking    Kind of a nice 'mental rush' way to end a run though, we got past them all with big smiles, then just busted out laughing,  and ended our run one block later at the gym. 

As for the weather:  38 degrees for my 6 a.m., run.  Brisk for we South Texans, but I still wore shorts when I ran...guess I  am getting hardcore, huh?  Yeah, right...Roll eyes.   We are heading for sunny and 74 degrees today, with still no sign of any rain that we badly need down here.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ric-G

LRB - love the retro pic

basya - nice workout

bruce - nice 6 after the 15

baboon-  glad you're done with the brace

kristin - watch out for those snowflakes

jedi - sounds like you're more than ready for the hm

JustB - glad everything worked out ok...what a relief

D - have a good 10-13

outblue - nice tempo

marjorie - nice job on the 11

scotty - heal up

9 this morning @7:40; and 2 more easy. off today and enjoying that cup(s) of coffee at home with no one else here. have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

YAYpril - B-Plus

Just found it amusing school closed nite before, that stuff never happened when i lived on Long Island but we got snow all the time so it did not effect people like here.

I'm really biased because I grew up in Alaska of all places and we obviously NEVER had snow days... but people are weenies here! I've lived here almost 9 years and I still can't believe the amount of weenie-tude that the prospect of 2" of snow brings on.

Scotty, you're hilarious. Feel better and I love how you had a cheering section. Wink

LRB

You know we need pictures of you wearing it, right?

You are like the United States Marine Core; always on guard!

Just B.S.

I'm really biased because I grew up in Alaska of all places and we obviously NEVER had snow days... but people are weenies here! I've lived here almost 9 years and I still can't believe the amount of weenie-tude that the prospect of 2" of snow brings on.

Scotty, you're hilarious. Feel better and I love how you had a cheering section. Wink

Perspective is a funny thing, isn't it?

We have had over 60 inches so far this winter, which is pretty typical. Usually have at least one or two big storms

in March/April and often have snow on the ground in early May.

2 inches wouldn't even be a blip here.  Usually only visiblity issues due to heavy blowing snow or freezing

rain will close our schools.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Feel better Scotty!

Marjorie

Hip Redux

Unfortunately, around here, budgets for road clearing has gone way down (or so the story goes), so two inches results in the highway being shut down for 12 hours when two tractors flip and 10 passenger cars go down with them (which is what happened this morning).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice singlet, LRB!  Of course, now you have to get your running skirt to match...Wink

9 miles AND a strength class?  Go, Step!

Basya, where do get all that energy from?  We're going to have to change your name to Energizer Bunny Basya! Just keeps going and going and going and going............

Congrats on your run, flarunner!

Sorry about the sluggish legs, Bruce, way to get your miles in.

Weezer, why are you taking 'forced' SRDs?  Weather?  Happy x-training!

Congrats on another step in your progress, Phil, toward fully rehabilitated. Good luck with the PT.

Way to get out in that stuff, Kristin!  Sounds like you needed some snow/ski goggles for part of that run!

Good luck with the 4, DaveP!

Good luck with the half on Saturday, Jedi!  You think PA can't handle snow...it snowed in San Antonio in 1985 - 4 inches - and there were over 2,000 traffic accidents in area.  Yeah, we REALLY can't handle any  snow we ever get.

Fuzzy, good luck with the 2nd run of your two-a-day today!

Staycation sounds really nice, April, enjoy it!  Happy cutback week for you!

Dang, Beth, you have a lot on your plate!  Sorry to hear about your aunt, it is sad to watch our loved ones slowly  regress.   Sorry to hear about Buster too, but good news it is not cancer.  Wishing him a full recovery!  Wishing your aunt peace and happiness and as little discomfort as possible.

Lost my credit card at lunch yesterday but found out this morning.  Yeah, Damaris, I meant to thank you for the new running shoes you bought me...  Wink   Seriously, that sucks.   Hope you've already canceled it.

Enjoy the biking today, Sparker!  Don't you have snow where you are?  Isn't it hard to ride a bike on a snow-covered trail?  Well, if you fall off the bike at least the snow makes for a soft landing...Wink

Yay for no ITB pain, Oski!

..... so it will be fun to watch them sprout.

Dang, outoftheblue, the excitement around your house just never ends, does it?  Wink  Just teasin', of course.  Hope everything works out the way you want it to.

Yet another double digit run for Marjorie!  Way to go!

Congrats on your great 7-miler, FreeSoul.  Enjoy the kickboxing tonite.

Ric, no biggie, doc said I would probably be feeling lots better already by tomorrow after the meds kick in.  Mine is kinda like what Phil had, I think..feel awful one day and then suddenly, BAM, the next day better.   The meds have kinda already kicked in a bit today...I am feeling a bit better already right now...but it's hard reading the forum and typing responses between all these cool colors on my monitor screen...Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ball of Fury

Good afternoon dailies!  The sidewalks are still snow covered here so decided to head to the gym for another go around with the hamster wheel!  I did 6 easy @ 9:35/mile, but to stave off boredom I jumped off after every mile and did push-ups, pull-ups, ab work, etc...figured it would be good training for my Spartan Race next month.  It was a pretty good workout, but man, there are some really strange people at the gym at 10 AM!  From the creepy old dude who kept trying to look up my shorts while I did abs to the many people just wandering from machine to machine drinking coffee (seriously, they would do 1-2 reps, drink some coffee, and then move to another machine)!  At least I had something to distract me from my running!  I did get some good news yesterday in that I am already seeded higher than I thought for my goal HM (they made a mistake I am pretty sure, but I will take it!), so the pressure is off for the 10k Saturday...still going to try for sub 48 though.  Hope you are all having a great day!

Weezer:  Is your race this weekend?  I knew it was coming up soon but couldn't remember!

Scotty:  Hope you feel better!

Beth:  Glad to hear your Aunt and Buster are doing ok!

Everyone else:  Sorry I can't to everyone....busy day at work...at least I got to come in at 11!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

4 miles at lunchtime. Felt good to get back outside, but the lungs are definitely not back to 100%. Looking forward to building the miles back up, but will have to play it by ear.

Scotty, you would have put on a much better show if your puking episode happened during your "victory lap".

Dave

Luke79

4.65 mile tempo sandwich.

1 mile in the middle @ 7:48, which is almost intended 5k pace.  I'm going for 7:44, which gives me a 23:59 in my upcoming 5k on May 4th.  I have plenty of time to work.