Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: It's Gonna Be A Stone Gas Honey! (Read 67 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Just a quick in/out to say hi. Finished night shifts last night. Have a 2-3 hour meeting at work this afternoon, and in the meantime, I managed to squeeze in a 4 mile easy run.

Gate River Run on Saturday - 15K of pure Jacksonville Pleasure!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185, yes, I am. I reach preschool (three-year-olds).

Fuzzy, great recovery run this morning. If you double, I hope that it goes well.

AprilRunner, enjoy your four-miler after work.

Beth, have fun running and swimming tonight. I'm happy that Aunt and Buster are on the mend.

Damaris, I hope that today becomes less stressful. Enjoy your ten to thirteen.

Scott, how was your workout with the trainer? Have a great time on the trail tonight.

Zelanie, have an amazing ten-miler after work.

Rick, sweet easy six. Doesn't it feel great that your running pants no longe fit? Wink

Oski, great news! I hope that you continue running without ITB trouble.

outoftheblue, have refreshing easy four miles tonight.

MarjorieAnn3137, brava on the 11.1.

FreeSoul87, I'm glad that the new shoes are working well. Have fun kickboxing tonight.

scottydawg, feel well soon.

Ric-G, sweet run this morning.

AmiK, what a fantastic workout!

DaveP MI, I'm happy that you were well enough to do four miles during lunchtime.

Luke, cool tempo mix.

Tom, bravo squeezing a four-miler into such a busy day.

After work, I'm going to treat myself to new running shoes. I already splurged on a pair of Vibram Bikilas. I'm thinking of a pair just for races.

scottydawg, I don't have energy. I have motivation. If I weren't exercising so much, my posterior would be the size New Hampshire.

Enjoy the biking today, Sparker!  Don't you have snow where you are?  Isn't it hard to ride a bike on a snow-covered trail?  Well, if you fall off the bike at least the snow makes for a soft landing...Wink

Actually all our snow has melted and it is going to be 60 on Saturday!! Can't wait. I am also running on the bike trail, no bicycling today.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Scott, how was your workout with the trainer? Have a great time on the trail tonight. 

The trainer kicked my butt this morning and i liked it. He is a runner as well and has been a great help in getting me stronger all around.

First Race

Second Race

Scott

delicate flower

I had another good PT appointment today.  I was told I can stop using the crutches...two weeks sooner than I expected.  Sweeeeeet!  No more crutches or brace.  I can add leg presses to my gym workouts too.  Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.  So my therapist told me I'm entering the stage (weeks 4-8) where my new ACL is it's weakest.  It's donor tissue and is just starting to grow blood cells and nerves and fuse itself to my tissue.  Interesting.  I have to be very careful these next four weeks that I don't do something to wrench my knee.  #coolstorybro

I stopped at the gym on my way home and pedaled the recumbent bike for 40 minutes/10 miles.  I actually generated some sweat today!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Just time for a quick check-in. The sunshine convinced me to take my run outside, though there were still a few spots where I had to be cautious of ice. 9 miles in 1:21 (9:02) overall pace. The intervals weren't quite as fast I would have liked (shooting for about 7:50), but I did end up with paces of roughly 8:02, 8:02 and 7:55. The mental boost of running outside trumped the opportunity to force the pace on the TM today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sweet indeed!

I had another good PT appointment today.  I was told I can stop using the crutches...two weeks sooner than I expected.  Sweeeeeet!  No more crutches or brace.  I can add leg presses to my gym workouts too.  Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.  So my therapist told me I'm entering the stage (weeks 4-8) where my new ACL is it's weakest.  It's donor tissue and is just starting to grow blood cells and nerves and fuse itself to my tissue.  Interesting.  I have to be very careful these next four weeks that I don't do something to wrench my knee.  #coolstorybro

I stopped at the gym on my way home and pedaled the recumbent bike for 40 minutes/10 miles.  I actually generated some sweat today!

Damaris

LRB

Just time for a quick check-in. The sunshine convinced me to take my run outside, though there were still a few spots where I had to be cautious of ice. 9 miles in 1:21 (9:02) overall pace. The intervals weren't quite as fast I would have liked (shooting for about 7:50), but I did end up with paces of roughly 8:02, 8:02 and 7:55. The mental boost of running outside trumped the opportunity to force the pace on the TM today.

+ 1!

I haven't been on that stupid thing since last Thursday, and it has been a blast!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good news Phil.  Just be careful these next few weeks!

Marjorie

Cool, Scott. It must be great to have a trainer who understands and supports your running.

Phil, great news!

Shari, great that you were able to take your run outside.

New shoes: the Saucony ProGrid Kinvara 3, the Inov-8 f-Lite 195, and the Vibram KSO to replace my current KSOs when they can no longer be salvaged with Shoe Goo). I bought three new pairs of Injinji toe socks.

Great news!

I added 4.5 easy tonight. 10.3 total for the day.

LRB

Good call on the new feet Basya!  I am going to do the the same thing when I find the store that has the color I want.

Mmmmm...beer

Right on Basya, love getting new shoes!  My new Fastwitch 5s showed up today, didn't know they had this cool message on the heels. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Fuzzy, cool doubling.

Dave, I love the notes in your Fastwitches!

It's icky and slushy now. I have a few easy miles to do in the morning. I'll use one of my old Asics; each of the three models (GT-2170, Gel Fortitude 5, and Gel Kayano 18) has approximately 350 miles on it, so, still some life remains in the old dogs.

Did 3 outside and loved it. I am looking forward to next week.........It will even be light outside when we get home from work.

First Race

Second Race

Scott