Beginners and Beyond

Tue days til turkey Tuesdailies (Read 42 times)

delicate flower

This is the dailies thread and if you are new here you'll figure it out....

<3

delicate flower

Good morning and how about you WAKE UP already!  Wakey wakey wakey!  Get yourself some coffee if need be!  !!

Yesterday went by in a blur.  I got to work at 8:00, then looked up and it was 4:00.  I hate those days when I actually have to earn my pay.  Anywho, I've got another treadmill run planned after work.  We've got cold rain coming, and a LOT of it.  They're saying up to 2.5 inches of rain over these next two days.  Fun fun.

Have a Tuesday!

<3

Pinktastic

Good Morning My Running Friends!

Last day of the work week for me!   Hooray!

Phil – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   I hope you and MBC stay safe in all that rain – people here drive like idiots when it rains….    Enjoy your run after work!

I ran 3.73 on the TM last night.   It was a good run and I pushed the pace a bit to get in some intervals.   Based on LRB’s praise of them, I added some high kicks to the post workout – kinda like a transition from cardio to stretching.   I liked them!

This morning, I managed 30 minutes on the spin bike.   That thing kicks my a$$ every time!    I don’t know what it is about spinning, but it kills me!   And, it never seems to get easier either.   Maybe the bike knows that my heart belongs to running…..

Have a Pinksational day!    And, may the day fly by in a productive way!   May your next run give you the strength to push even harder in the run after that!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

Figure what out?

Supp G!

I got in 6 miles in mostly darkness this morning in a brisk, winter like chill.  I have a busy day ahead so I will check back later.

Peace!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kind of a SRD.... I went to see the 50th Anniversary Doctor Who special in 3D last night and didn't get to sleep til after 2:00am....so the alarm ringing at 5:30 was not happening! 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Did T25 Ab Intervals this morning and I have 7 with 2 @ MP tonight.

I am sleepy!  Yesterday was a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG day that never ended.  Hoping today, with court half a day, that it will feel faster.

Damaris

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone, got outside yesterday and did 3 miles. It wasn't fun... at all. It was cold and drizzly and my right shin hurt and I could still feel the IT band in my left leg. But that's ok. I'm thinking I need to suck it up and get a nice cushioned pair of trainers and just work my way back into something lighter. Tonight is 5x 400m at 5k pace. Should be fun in the cold wet weather! :/

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is my Friday, yay!  I am off work after today until next Monday.  Of course it is not all fun and games.  One reason I am taking off tomorrow is that it's time once again for my spinal injections for my arthritis.   So that will be happening tomorrow morning.  Then a friend of ours is throwing a pre-Thanksgiving party tomorrow night. She and her husband throw the best parties!  They are professional musicians and singers, so lots of folks know them and come to their parties, including several music folks they associate with - Willie Nelson showed up one year - and it's always a good time.  Lots of food, lots of drink, lots of good folks and good fun and singing from the 'pros.   Well, usually I drink beer at their parties and Gail is the designated driver.  However, since I have a 5K to do on Thanksgiving morning, I will stick to non-alcoholic O'Doule's and it will be Gail's turn to enjoy some drinks at the party.    Today after work, I plan on doing about 3 or so miles of hill work.   The weather is a little nicer today after our cold and rainy days.   Sun is out and temp will shoot up to 51 today by my run time.

I had the same kind of workday yesterday as you, Baboon. President's office needed something short notice so of course we had to drop everything else and get that done. I ended up staying an hour overtime.  Good thing I actually enjoy the job I do. Joking  Wow, lots of rain heading your way.  I think you're getting all the stuff we just got rid of, so thanks for taking it from our area!  We are nice and sunny today after 5 days of cold, rain, and wind.   Stay safe!

Congrats on the spinning, Sarah.  Can you please spin me a sweater? Wink   Nice to see you being active again, after all you've dealt with!  Hope your weather up there in North Texas, like ours down here in South Texas, is getting better today.  Rain has left, we are sunny today.

Good luck with your busy day, LRB.  Congrats on the 6, sounds like you are getting back to your old speedy running self.

So how was the show, Kristin?  I get BBC America but I forgot to watch, duhhhhh.   I was instead watching my beloved but idiot Redskins lose to the 49ers, the Skins just cannot get their act together this year!   Shoulda just ditched the game and watched the Special, woulda been a lot happier.

Will you get a half day off today, Damaris?  That would be nice.  Good luck with your miles later.

Jimmy, hope all your body parts start behaving better pretty darn quick!

Sorry about the back, Step.  Roll it, that will help loosen it up.  No kidding.  Lie down on your back, bring your knees up to your chest, put your arms around your knees and hold and then just "rock" back and forth for 1 - 2 minutes.  This helps ease the tightness in your lower back.   One of the many back exercises I learned from my physical therapist after my spinal arthritis flared up.  I got so much therapy after it flared up, I now have about a ton of these exercises for the back floating around in my head, lol.   They do help, though.

What, MBC, you're not a coffee drinker like most folks here?  Me either, can't stand the taste of coffee or even the smell of the stuff.  Green tea is my choice when I want a hot beverage.  I don't think mine is  decaf, though.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

7 very slow miles this morning. Just couldn't get moving. My lower back is also tight and sore - I think from kyukido last night. We were doing some judo-style groundwork, and I know I was tensing those muscles while working on an off-balancing exercise. Strength training class later this morning.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

decaf (tea) was a bad choice today.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. I did an Easy 6 on the TM. I should go buy a lottery ticket - I currently have 1777.7 miles on the year.

- Andrew

LRB

I'm thinking I need to suck it up and get a nice cushioned pair of trainers and just work my way back into something lighter.

Why is that?

MBC, decaf tea?  How'd that work out for ya?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I'm off to do 7 miles with 8x100 strides. Not a bad run , but it is 30 degrees right now! For someone not used to it, that is cold! Much to both DDs disgust, I am sporting my tights. More hiking and relaxing later in glorious Zion.

Will run for scenery.

Got 4 TM miles in last night.  Feels like I missed a week - oops!

Even with Baboon's lively wakeup message, Ah moana need me some coffee today.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

delicate flower

Speaking of coffee, the boss ordered us a Keurig machine and it was just set up.  Up until now if I wanted a coffee at work, I had to go pay $1.59 in the cafeteria.  AND SO BEGIN THE DAYS OF ALL THE FREE WORK COFFEE I CAN DRINK.  *sip*

<3