Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailes are up (Read 48 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning everyone. It's 8 degrees with a 30 mph wind right now. We're currently in a Blizzard warning. 7 miles on the TM for me this AM.

- Andrew

Zelanie

Good morning!  Got my tempo miles in yesterday, but still running a tad slow.  Today is the social run, so hopefully some slower folks show up so that I can run closer to recovery pace. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  The vet just called me and it looks like it was an immune disease and her own cells attacked her pancreas and it shut down.  I guess there is no explanation for why the cells do that but if we had tested two days prior maybe we could've caught it but she showed no signs of it.  In fact, she was more alive the day she died.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I woke up feeling like I had a huge cold.  Couldn't sleep well last night from the coughing so I guess no allergy shot for me for the second week in a row.  My doctor will probably hate me on Monday when I get there for a shot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Haven't run for the last 5 days, this cold/flu kicked has kicked my butt.  Finally starting to feel good, think I might be able to handle some miles tonight, or maybe tomorrow.  I have to get my feet moving, for both my marathon and my sanity!  Only eight weeks of training left and two of that will be tapering.  I don't even know what to do at this point, between being lazy after the 50k and now being sick twice, my training has just fallen completely apart.  I think I'm just going to try to get back to running everyday and get some good long runs in.  I have a 15 mile race next weekend for the distance series, no freaking clue how that's going to go, guess we'll see how I feel if I can run consistently for the next week.

I'm sorry for your loss Damaris.

Nice workout SIAR!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Kristin...Hey yoga buddy!  What class do you do?  Mine is called a Power Vinyasa Flow, for level II and III.

I have historically done a lot of yoga - used to be 3x/week like clockwork. As my running frequency & mileage has increased, the yoga has taken more of a backseat. I used to always go with the most intense Vinyasa practice I could get, because it is such a great workout. As my running increased, it certainly meant less time for yoga, but also less energy. It has made it much tougher for me to get through a really intense Vinyasa class. And you put up a crapton more miles than me, so it's very impressive that you can maintain that. I am currently down to yoga only once/week, and leaning more towards a less intense Vinyasa, or more slower moving with longer/deeper stretches.

Dave

Yugo8

7 miles during lunch ("lunch," really, because it was done early).

StepbyStep-SH

Ended up with just 6.44 miles. Lots of it was one a couple inches of soft snow or snow/sand mix, which is tough to run on. Strength training class at lunch time.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Hugs* D.

Upper body strength training today, trying to get back in the saddle with strength training and not just focusing on my abs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yugo8

I just checked yesterday's dailies.  I am sorry for your loss, Docket.  

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SIAR mine is "Intermediate Yoga- Vinyasa Style." I love it!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I just checked yesterday's dailies.  I am sorry for your loss, Docket.  

Sorry for your loss Damaris. Sad

- Andrew

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I have historically done a lot of yoga - used to be 3x/week like clockwork. As my running frequency & mileage has increased, the yoga has taken more of a backseat. I used to always go with the most intense Vinyasa practice I could get, because it is such a great workout. As my running increased, it certainly meant less time for yoga, but also less energy. It has made it much tougher for me to get through a really intense Vinyasa class. And you put up a crapton more miles than me, so it's very impressive that you can maintain that. I am currently down to yoga only once/week, and leaning more towards a less intense Vinyasa, or more slower moving with longer/deeper stretches.

I remember you mentioning your yoga practice before. I'm sure there is a ton that I could gain from doing a slower practice too, but I really like all the upper body work I get from the constant down dog, chataranga, and up dog transitions in the one I'm doing. It is certainly tougher on days when I've done a workout as opposed to just easy miles. Our instructor is going to offer another class at our running store in a month or so, and I'm excited to try it twice a week as opposed to the one session I do now.

Dtothe2nd...good luck getting healthy. I bet you'll surprise yourself with how little you've lost.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

AFM:  Went to Fort Sam Houston after work yesterday and did my "Dog Alley" run.  Zowie, that first mile I could feel my weight training from Tuesday - which I had not done to that point for about a month - and my legs were a tad sore and my old man boobs - Moobs - were "bouncing' so sorely I thought I'd have to call Gail to bring me one of her jogbras..   By the second mile I was feeling much better, guess that first mile was getting the kinks out after my weight training day.  I had planned on an easy 3 but felt so good, I ended up with 4.4 miles instead.  And I handed out treats along the way to several of my doggie pals.  Nice run/walk and the weather cooperated too...sunny,  69 degrees, very low humidity and dewpoint.   Sweet!

I was going to run today too, but had to leave work early cuz apparently one of our bathrooms has a leak.  Nothing serious, thank goodness, and nothing flooded, so that's good. So now I'm at home waiting for the plumber to show.  So maybe I'll run after that...or maybe not, maybe just give my legs a rest day.  It's all good either way.

Wow, 3600 miles for the year, good luck with that, SIAR!

DaveP, I just don't see how you, and all the other TM runners here, keep from getting bored out of your heads doing that many miles, or more, on a TM.

Good luck with the recovery run, lily.

Nice workout, Baboon.  Yeah, I'm a member of the local Y, and it was busy as heck for the first part of the month.  Now, not so much.

Happy yoga-ing, Kristin!  Gail is getting ready to start back next month. She does that 'hot' yoga.

(((Damaris)))

Hope you're feeling better, Hobbit.  That flu is nothing to mess around with, get treated quickly!  We'd had several deaths here in Texas.

hope you had a safe and uneventful trip home, Marjorie, as your run was eventful enough!

Sorry about the wind, Step.  Is it stil -1?  Run in that AND wind too?  Craziness runs in your family, doesn't it?

Congrats on your run, LRB!

Dang, Andrew...are you in the same area as Step?

Happy social run, Zelanie!  Hope people like me (SLOW!) show up for you.

Glad you are feeling better, Dave.  Good luck with your upcoming marathon.  After all you've been through maybe your goal should be 'just finish" for this one.

Nice on the 7 miles at lunch, Yugo.  I wish I had a long enough lunch hour to do 7 miles.  Actually, I''d need closer to having two hours for lunch to do 7 miles, at my pace, lol.

Good luck with the upper body work, FreeSoul.   Keep the biofreeze handy.  If you've slacked off for any length of time from your strength/weight training - as I did - wow, your muscles will really let you know it after your workout!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I like the pain 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)