Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailes are up (Read 48 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty - No negative numbers today, temps were actually up around 30*. And I managed to finish my run before the wind started. My conditions are nothing compared to Andrews - he's a couple hundred miles further north and out on the wide open prairies of North Dakota!

Only 6.44 miles because the surface was tough - soft snow and snow/sand mix. Then a strength training class that about did me in. Body is t.i.r.e.d.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Afternoon! I have a run on tap for tonight, w/ the fiancee and our track star.  Don't know how long yet.  Will report back.  Happy running! 

Docket_Rocket

I did 4 instead of 7.  Felt a bit better after the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

7 at recovery done, 8:56 pace.

My shoe laces came untied during my run, within a minute of each other. This prompted a few chosen swear words in French. When I started running again, I realized how stupid I must have sounded. Not very classy and certainly not cool or even healthy (not good for my blood pressure). So I took a deep breath, calmed down, smiled and made a new 2014 resolution: no more swearing. If I write anything here which you consider vulgar, please scold me. As for you all, you can say whatever you want, bunch of wild Americans. 

Damaris, I'm glad the run helped. It's not easy to lose a pet, but you know that she was loved and had a good life with you and your DH.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I swear a lot, Lily.  Ha.

Today, I was almost run over by 4 cars, 2 in a row.  It was still dark and I had colors like a Christmas tree.  Fucking assholes!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Today, I was almost run over by 4 cars, 2 in a row.  It was still dark and I had colors like a Christmas tree.  Fucking assholes!

LOL... If I can't say the words myself, at least I can still enjoy reading them. 

LRB

I swear like a mutha #$%^&* sailor. 

Hip Redux

Frustrated because I missed my opportunity to run today.  Impromptu meeting and BLAMMO there goes my opportunity.  Damn you, work, damn you.

Now I'm finishing up my HOMEWORK for the first day of school tomorrow.  I bought my trapper keeper and am ready to go!

happylily

Frustrated because I missed my opportunity to run today.  Impromptu meeting and BLAMMO there goes my opportunity.  Damn you, work, damn you.

Now I'm finishing up my HOMEWORK for the first day of school tomorrow.  I bought my trapper keeper and am ready to go!

Damn is acceptable. It's not really vulgar. You'll have to try harder, Oski.  You have homework and school hasn't even started? :-) I wish you good luck, I know you'll do really great!

Hip Redux

Right? I got homework to do before my first class.  That's some fucked up bullshit, right there.

(better?  Big grin)

LRB

Right? I got homework to do before my first class.  That's some fucked up bullshit, right there.

(better?  Big grin)

lmao

happylily

(better?  Big grin)

Not bad. 

Docket_Rocket

Repeat with me: I swear like a motherfucking sailor.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Me too, but that's because I am one. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Repeat with me: I swear like a motherfucking sailor.

I.  Must.  Resist.