Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Overnight woes, Overnight lows (Read 32 times)

LRB

Yo.

A good portion of my city lost power yesterday and without my beloved fan, I woke up during the middle of the night in a virtual fireball. I got up and opened the window, then woke up this morning in a teeth chattering ice cube. lol

LRB

I just left the Bucks of Star (no power means no coffee at home) and will jog shortly.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

It's not quite ice cube weather here.  It was 71 with 95% humidity when i went out the door at 4:30.  I ran 14 with 2@HMP, then faded to a near bonk.  I had to walk some on the 2 hills, and was so damn glad to see my driveway.  It wasn't the worst run ever, but it wasn't fun at all.  Oh well, if it was always good, everyone would do it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

38:51 R&R Montreal 10K

12th OA, 3rd Masters, 1st M45-49

LRB

And some pretty impressive splits 

LRB

Good morning!

It's not quite ice cube weather here.  It was 71 with 95% humidity when i went out the door at 4:30.  I ran 14 with 2@HMP, then faded to a near bonk.  I had to walk some on the 2 hills, and was so damn glad to see my driveway.  It wasn't the worst run ever, but it wasn't fun at all.  Oh well, if it was always good, everyone would do it.

Have a great day!

lol - That's great!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

It's 96F feels like already, so we are opting out of Fall as usual.

Congrats, Cy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Well done! Congrats. Is that a PR?

LRB- The worst part of loosing power is not being able to make coffee lol.

PR- So true PR...so true

Super easy 5mi this morning before leaving the beach. It was so humid. 9:11 avg. Hard run on tap for tomorrow morning. Debating whether to do it at the local park or the Canal trail where the race is being held.

Finished reading Deena Kastors book and also The Champions Mind. I liked them both a lot. The mental side of racing/training really fascinates me. A lot of great stuff in these books to help you mentally for sure

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

onemile

Killed it!!!!

onemile

I ran 4. Freezing cold this morning 

GinnyinPA

Cy - congratulations. Very nice race.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, great race! Congrats.

Will run later. Round 2 of crawling around the office putting the floor in. DH swears it will go quickly from this point. 

Cyberic

Thanks guys. Yep, old PR was 40:00.

Splits are affected by the stupid hill that we had to go up, and then down. But I feel like I raced good, and that is the PR I deserve on that course. I un-privated the map in case anyone is interested.

Temperature was perfect. Could feel the wind in some parts, but that is being picky.

Ran 2 miles-ish to get to the race, some strides and skips skd dynamic stretches, and ran another 5.9ish on coming back home with little detours.

LRB

Thanks guys. Yep, old PR was 40:00.

Splits are affected by the stupid hill that we had to go up, and then down. But I feel like I raced good, and that is the PR I deserve on that course. I un-privated the map in case anyone is interested.

Temperature was perfect. Could feel the wind in some parts, but that is being picky.

Ran 2 miles-ish to get to the race, some strides and skips skd dynamic stretches, and ran another 5.9ish on coming back home with little detours feeling like a million bucks.

I tightened that up for ya. 👍

KCRuns

Congrats on the new PR, Cy! Nice race!

3 easy for me. It was in the 50s this morning, cold in the shade and perfect in the sun.  It was wonderful.