Beginners and Beyond

Ten types of people you find at the gym (if you go to one) (Read 114 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Dad on the run.

HAHA! I've seen a few of these at my gym. The skipped leg day cracked me up.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

We call him "it's chest day every day" guy.

Actually we have little pet names for a lot of people at the gym LOL.

happylily

I might have been #3 when I used to go to the gym (the one who is clueless with the machines). That would explain why I ended up always running on a TM, 5 times a week. It was the only machine I could understand. The boys there started calling me "la madame who runs 3 hours on the TM". Like in "Are you la madame who runs 3 hours on a TM?" Behind my back, I'm pretty sure they were calling me the nutcase on the TM. Big grin That's when I decided to buy my own TM.

SO is definitely a #7. Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Nata2011

yoga army in "lululemon everything" was awesome

LRB

This is pretty much everyone at one point or another:

Now I want a smoothie.

delicate flower

I see one guy who actually seems to do legs every day.  I know this because he's on the leg press machine every damn time I want to use it.  Meh, at least he re-racks the weight.  Nothing like walking up to that machine and seeing 10 plates loaded onto it.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

They all go to my gym.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I've seen a few noobies at the gym lately in blue jeans or khakis and loafers. Really.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Yep, numbers 3 and 8 would be me...lol.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

What about "always naked in the locker room, posed like captain morgan, and wanting to chat" guy?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

RSX

What about "always naked in the locker room, posed like captain morgan, and wanting to chat" guy?

I hardly ever see that anymore which is great. I go to a cheap gym which attracts a younger crowd(around the corner for me) and fortunately not too many people from that demographic.

GC100k

We call him "it's chest day every day" guy.

I've joined in ridiculing this guy on running forums, but then it occurred to me:  this is a running forum and having a skinny upper body and skinny legs is okay, having a skinny upper body and muscular legs is okay, and having a muscular upper body and muscular legs is okay.  Why isn't having a muscular upper body and skinny legs okay?  Just food for thought.

GC100k

We had "naked marijuana guy".  Ponytailed guy who would walk around the locker room naked, corner people, especially overly polite foreign students, and lecture them about the glories of marijuana and the evil government conspiracy against marijuana and Bush's 9/11 plot (did you know Romney was in on it too?).  As soon as you said "naked marijuana guy" to someone else, they knew immediately who you were talking about.