Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Yo.

While everyone in the midwest and northeast enjoyed running in record warmth the past two weeks, I was freezing my balls off sick and pretty much missed it all. Welp, it's 51 degrees and I finally get to join the party, for a day anyway, as temps will plummet overnight.

See ya!

Cyberic

Run, I will. Enjoy, I will.

Temps will drop here soon, too.

Docket_Rocket

RD for me.

51F is warm?  Send it this way!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 9.2 miles this morning.  It was 63 and windy (20-30mph), with storms and 60+mph winds otw in a couple of hours.  It's headed to the low 30s tonight, which is ok.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Hey, friends!  I have a tempo run to do after work.  My plan is to hit the track.

I'd have blown off my swim this morning (because I am a lazy turd) if the dog didn't insist on everybody getting up when my alarm went off.  So I went to the pool and had a great swim.  I will reward the dog with extra cookies tonight.

<3

LRB

I ran 6.

At about the half mile point, I ran across the grass to avoid some standing water on the sidewalk and took about six, ankle depth steps in muck, mud and water. Nothing says are you fuckin kidding me like drenched shoes and feet at the beginning of a run! 

LRB

RD for me.

51F is warm?  Send it this way!

No, 51 is damn warm when it comes at this point on the calender, up here. Down there, they would declare a frost warning  and you wouldn't be able to leave your house. lol

LRB

Hey, friends!  I have a tempo run to do after work.  My plan is to hit the track.

I'd have blown off my swim this morning (because I am a lazy turd) if the dog didn't insist on everybody getting up when my alarm went off.  So I went to the pool and had a great swim.  I will reward the dog with extra cookies tonight.

You swim an awful lot. It's pretty remarkable!

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 9.2 miles this morning.  It was 63 and windy (20-30mph), with storms and 60+mph winds otw in a couple of hours.  It's headed to the low 30s tonight, which is ok.

Have a great day folks!

Yeah I can do 30s standing on my head, bring it!

LRB

Run, I will. Enjoy, I will.

Temps will drop here soon, too.

Did the replacement watch fix the issues you were having with short distances?

Hey LRB - get any paczkis yesterday? No one out here has ever heard of the things, except the guy in my office who's Polish and from Chicago.

12 miles. Ugh. I had the crazy idea of jumping into my 12-week marathon plan at week 3, to see if I could get back on schedule. Yeaterday's 9 w/10 strides was OK but a bit rough. Today called for 14 - lol. I figured I would just go for 12, but even that was very slow & achy. My body feels like it's at week 10, which is not a good sign. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Dave

LRB

Today might as well be the purge for worms. Heavy rains blew through overnight (along with some frightening thunder and lightning) and flooded them all out. Initially, I tried to avoid stepping on the little fucks but after awhile just stopped looking down and stepped wherever.

They. Were. Everywhere. 

Anyway, we're dropping below freezing tonight so that'll wipe them all out.

LRB

Hey LRB - get any paczkis yesterday? No one out here has ever heard of the things, except the guy in my office who's Polish and from Chicago.

There were dozens of the lard bombs at the office yesterday, and a few stragglers leftover this morning. It's definitely a Michigan/midwest thing.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Dave and LRB, we have fasnachts here, which sound similar.

LRB

12 miles. Ugh. I had the crazy idea of jumping into my 12-week marathon plan at week 3, to see if I could get back on schedule. Yeaterday's 9 w/10 strides was OK but a bit rough. Today called for 14 - lol. I figured I would just go for 12, but even that was very slow & achy. My body feels like it's at week 10, which is not a good sign. Back to the drawing board I guess.

You can always work your way up to the marathon instead of peaking then tapering. I think volume is the way to go in that regard and building back up over time rather than relying on getting a chunk of your weekly miles from eternity runs. It might be time to start a modest streak, that'll be a better indicator for you.