Beginners and Beyond

Tubular Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up Internet Friends.

I woke up at 2 AM, said fuck it and went ahead to the gym, back day with a little bit of legs/gutes thrown in. Then I headed out for a run, made the mistake of wearing socks I keep telling myself not to wear for running, they're a bit thick and I guess it just makes my already swelling feet feel even more swollen and then it starts to bug my shins. The first 3 miles were frustrating but eventually eased up, I ended up with 4.3 miles only because I was hungry as hell and tired.

I'm probably going to pass out at some point today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 11.5 miles on another beautiful morning.  It was about 60, clear, and calm- what's not to love?

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

What up Internet Friends.

What up is I'm confused. Ya wanna help me out here? 

Docket_Rocket

I have 7 with 2 @ MP after Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 6. I had a massage yesterday so it was pretty much a slog. Then around the 2.85 mile mark, I was approaching a light that turned green. I was about 150 yards away then broke into a full out sprint to beat it. What's significant about that otherwise insignificant detail is that I actually felt like sprinting. Word.

Docket_Rocket

Just got word that one of our local elite masters was killed by a car while running earlier this morning. Sad

And the articles call him a jogger of course.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hola, taquitos!  2600 yard swim done.  Had to get up a little earlier than usual since Wife had a 5:30 track date with a friend.  I will do my easy run after work.  My legs ache from my bike workout last night.  I am not used to those hard bike efforts, but I'll get there.

I woke up at 2 AM, said fuck it and went ahead to the gym,

24 hour gym?

<3

2mi test run, felt fine, stopped for twenty minutes just in case, tried to restart but this time left ham/adductor felt funky.  Test again tomorrow.  
                  More convinced that it just the adhesions breaking that is causing the irritation as I can pass the ‘stomping on concrete test’... I had forgotten about this.

Years ago I had tore one of my left hams, giant bruise, etc.  One day I was on a concrete patio and a bunch of yellowjackets swarmed around my ankle so I tried stomping on one of them and OMG it felt like I was stung by a bee on the back of the ham😮😛....so that became my test, if I could stomp my foot hard without the left ham stinging I would be ready to restart running.

This morning I stomped my right foot on concrete a half dozen times and felt nothing in the right ham/adductors.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up is I'm confused. Ya wanna help me out here? 

I'd probably make things worse.... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hola, taquitos!  2600 yard swim done.  Had to get up a little earlier than usual since Wife had a 5:30 track date with a friend.  I will do my easy run after work.  My legs ache from my bike workout last night.  I am not used to those hard bike efforts, but I'll get there.

24 hour gym?

Yep, and only 3 miles from my house.

D, that sucks.... I'm sorry to hear that  and the very insult of being called a jogger..... ugh 

PRs

LRB

I'd probably make things worse.... 

I didn't consider that. Indeed. Thank you. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't consider that. Indeed. Thank you. lol

Lol

PRs

6 miles. Still not quite 100% recovered, but feeling a little better every day. And I’m on a new streak now - 11 straight days wearing The Jacket. I need to get Eric to add a widget for that.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Was fasting for an AM blood draw so decided to run after work. Will aim for 6-7 miles.

My calendar at work today says: "You have no appointments scheduled today"   Hallelujah! A day without a single meeting!

sdWhiskers

6 miles. Still not quite 100% recovered, but feeling a little better every day. And I’m on a new streak now - 11 straight days wearing The Jacket. I need to get Eric to add a widget for that.

I ran by a lady yesterday wearing long tights, jacket, mittens and knit hat. It was probably 58 degrees. Maybe if it had been The Jacket I wouldn't have rolled my eyes at her.