Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Sunday (Read 38 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It absolutely poured last night. Looks to have stopped and is supposed to be cooler, which is why I made the last minute decision yesterday to register for a 5k today. Hopefully this year it's not short like last year.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here.

Happy Mother’s Day to our Moms here

RD for me. Tried to get a nice breakfast ready for DW when she woke up but the kids got up early and screwed my plans. Hacked it together and made it work. She was happy.

Anyone try out those Goodr sunglasses that RW has? They sound nice, plus they have a smaller size for smaller faces. I’m not particularly a sunglass person but I think it may be wise to start protecting my eyes. The Goodr’s are really cheap too.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 13 miles tonight.

I wear sunglasses all the time outdoors but never tried those, Jay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Morning,

Shortened long run this morning: tired legs. Decided not to push it. 17 miles today, and 3rd week in a row of about 75 miles since my HM.

Half Crazy K 2.0

26:10. 8:32, 8:31, 8:11. That is probably the fastest I've ever run mile 3 of a 5k. Now just gotta start quicker.

Cyberic

26:10. 8:32, 8:31, 8:11. That is probably the fastest I've ever run mile 3 of a 5k. Now just gotta start quicker.

That is great! If you would have started faster, maybe you couldn't have finished this strong? But yeah, you want to find the correct balance.

Congrats!

KCRuns

Wow! That’s awesome, congrats!

LRB

I call that pouring it out.

LRB

Anyone try out those Goodr sunglasses that RW has? They sound nice, plus they have a smaller size for smaller faces. I’m not particularly a sunglass person but I think it may be wise to start protecting my eyes. The Goodr’s are really cheap too.

It's funny but I didn't start running in sunglasses until a few years ago. Blame Credit Jenny-Jenny Bo-Benny.

I have a couple of pairs that are "running" sunglasses, but they are just the average $15 pair from the corner store. I have horrible luck ordering sunglasses online, and even worse luck keeping them intact for long so that works best for me.

Docket_Rocket

Nice!  Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Today I ran a race billed as a 10k, but after last minute, unexplained, unannounced course changes it turned into a race of not quite 6 miles.  However, that's a minor annoyance as I don't think an extra 0.2 miles would have changed my pace, which was 8:45 and totally blows away my current 10k PR pace of 9:12, and as icing on the cake, I actually won an a/g award for the first time ever.

Take that, FredFord66 Jr. It's on and poppin' between the two of you now.

Cyberic

I missed the dailies yesterday. Congrats on the AG award Fred!

Nice job HC. Yeah its tough to say if going out quicker would have made a difference. Its always nice to finish strong like this though. How was your warm up? I always like to include a few strides to prime the pump and get the body ready for fast running.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3 just to say I did.  My legs were not enthused, but it was still better than the 3 hours of yard work that followed.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

RunningOnSand

Good morning!

I’m so sorry I neglected to post this yesterday—but Fred, awesome, awesome job on blowing your PR out of the water, and for the AG win!!!!! 

KC, ugh, that blows. It seems like some runs are just bad ones no matter what. Way to gut it out and hang in there. That takes determination and grit. 

LRB, those pics are amazing. Magazine worthy.

HC, way to freaking hammer that 5k! Awesome job!

I'm taking a SRD today. Currently I'm relaxing in a quiet house with some coffee (aka heaven). Have a great day, friends!