Beginners and Beyond

Hey all, need a favor, if you're so inclined! (Read 51 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

This has nothing to do with running, just with runners being good people.  My cousin is special needs, and his birthday is July 9th.  His sister wanted to do something special for his 25th birthday, so she posted this on FB.  Please participate, if you want to!  And if not, that's ok.  You're still good people!

"My little brother Mickey is a special soul. He has been through so much in his life time already! Mick has several special characteristics. He has a crazy memory where he can't tell you what he ate for breakfast but can tell you what shirt he wore three years ago on Christmas. He also remembers everyone's birthday and wonders how they are doing.

July 9th is Mickey's 25th birthday and I want to do something special for him. Everyone likes getting mail (as long as it's not bills!). Mickey is a very social person who doesn't get the chance to have much social interaction. He still talks about his teachers he had while he was at Upward and all through his school.

If you get a chance, please mail Mickey a birthday card! He'd love it if you included a picture of yourself as well. Please write neat and clear in plain writing (not script). Mickey will read and reread these for months to come and due to his poor eye sight, please make them easy to see.

Some things that Mick's interested to help you pick out a card: Tar Heels, Nascar, Transformers, Xmen, Tom and Jerry, Dolphins, Eagles, Cute animals in general.

Please mail cards to 501 South Allen Rd. Flat Rock, NC, 28731"

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, you might want his last name for the envelope.  It's Mickey Heatherly.  Thanks!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Such a great idea!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

One day before me! I'll put a card in the mail tomorrow Smile