Beginners and Beyond

Morning after MONDAILIES (Read 56 times)

Good morning, Dailies. Time to get it back in gear. Only got 10 miles in last week and I'm fixin to change that. The schedule says XT but I'll probably throw in 3 or 4 miles tonight.

StepbyStep-SH

My schedule calls for 8 miles w/some 5k pace farleks. I will get the miles in, but probably not the fartleks, because I am going to run outside. After 50 miles last week, all on the TM or track, I need to get out. Even if it means running on the snow. I have a 5-mile race on Saturday, so I need to get myself readjusted to running on the more slippery surface again. I'll wait until midday when it is a bit warmer, plus I need to slice up a bunch of apples to take to school for my son's class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Good morning!  Today I have 5x3:00 @ V02Max with "moderately steep hills".  It's only my second workout of that kind- the first one was 5x2:30 on flat.  So I think I'll be fairly conservative and go with a 4% treadmill incline and see how it feels.  Last time's 8:14 pace felt too easy, so I bumped it up for the last interval.  With the incline I'm thinking of starting at that pace again today, but going faster starting at the second interval if it's at all reasonable.  Still figuring this all out!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Scott - I hope so. First time i did somethign like runnign with people faster than me. Don't think i could do that every week though. Quick Frederick question. How close to race does it sell out if at all? I'm not going to be able to register till end of February and won't be happy if it sells out before i reg.Smile

Jedi - Nice work on the speedy training HM yesterday! It sounds like your PR is going to change soon! 

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Mostly harmless

Scott - I hope so. First time i did somethign like runnign with people faster than me. Don't think i could do that every week though. Quick Frederick question. How close to race does it sell out if at all? I'm not going to be able to register till end of February and won't be happy if it sells out before i reg.Smile

It usually sells out but I think it's safe to wait until March to register.  If it makes you feel any better, I haven't registered yet!  As a matter of fact I JUST registered for my March marathon a few minutes ago.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

robinde

After last night's nail biter, this will be me today.  How apropos that her name is Kelly.  LOL!

Ditto.  I'm supposed to do 4 easy today, but my legs feel like lead already.  I may move my rest day from Tuesday to today and make it up tomorrow.

Chairman

Looks like I'll be off for at least a few of days. Tweaked my quad yesterday.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning all Smile

Am I the only one who didn't watch the superbowl and could care less Joking

I actually got up at 7 this morning (thanks to little butt), tonight I plan on an easy 5 miler although it could end up being 4 after yesterday's 9 miles......... I will go with how I feel.

Question!!!: This weekend is my first race of the year (5k), and I want to get at least 7-8 miles in too, but I plan on giving it just about all I got in the race. Should I run my extra 5-6 miles later that day (Saturday) or Sunday..... or at all?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I do a 3 mile warmup before a 5K and if you do, it should give you 6 total.  Then, do 2 to cooldown.

Good morning all Smile

I actually got up at 7 this morning (thanks to little butt), tonight I plan on an easy 5 miler although it could end up being 4 after yesterday's 9 miles......... I will go with how I feel.

Question!!!: This weekend is my first race of the year (5k), and I want to get at least 7-8 miles in too, but I plan on giving it just about all I got in the race. Should I run my extra 5-6 miles later that day (Saturday) or Sunday..... or at all?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Good morning all Smile

I didn't watch. Had other things to do and had to get up at 6 for swimming. Priorities!!

IMO, if you are going to "all out race" the 5K I would do a warm up of at least one mile

and save the 7-8 for Sunday and run it very easy.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good morning all Smile

With a 2-mile warm-up, 5K race, and 2-mile cooldown you have 7+ miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Recovery pace run on tap for today. Probably 6-ish miles.

Ball of Fury

FreeSoul:  Definitely agree with the 2 mile warm-up and cool down for the 5k, especially the warm-up.  I finally tried a 1-2 mile warm-up before my last 5K and it made a huge difference!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Thanks, planning to register before fee goes up again after Feb 28th. Shamrock expensive to register now.Smile

It usually sells out but I think it's safe to wait until March to register.  If it makes you feel any better, I haven't registered yet!  As a matter of fact I JUST registered for my March marathon a few minutes ago.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Pinktastic

Good Morning Everyone!!

I was not able to log in at all over the weekend, and I’ve missed y’all!!   Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Kay - Thanks for starting us off!   I hope that the day goes by quickly for you!  Enjoy the coffee!

Gustav – Wow!   Awake and caffeinated already and it’s a rest day?   Awesome!

April – Great job on your 10K yesterday!  You really ROCKED it!

Damaris – Have a stress-free day and a great workout tonight!

Phil – I’m glad you enjoyed your party!   Good luck tomorrow!  We’ll be waiting to hear from you….

Lily – Sounds like a wonderful evening and concert!   Have a fabulous trip to Kingston!

Scott – Have a great time at the gym!

Flarunner – Nice run this morning!  Sorry you had to “take care of business” though.

Kristin10185 – Enjoy your SRD today!

Tom – I hope the dentist appointment goes well today!  Have a relaxing recovery run!   And, I totally agree – the SB needs to be played outside.   If you don’t win in an Ice Bowl type game, you’re not the champion!

Basya – Good luck with your workout tonight!  Hope the extra sleep was luxurious!

Jedi – What a run yesterday!   Wow!   You’re going to run so well in your upcoming race!

AmiK – Great workout already this morning!   Have a great run tonight!

Robert – Have an awesome rest day!

Lilac – Sounds like you’re ready to bounce back from last week.   I hope that your run is amazing!

Beth – Wow!   You’ve already had quite the workout!   Have a wonderful day!

Heidi – Hope you can keep your run at recovery pace!   Enjoy the miles!

ImNotScott – You’re running 8 too?  Are you copying Heidi?   ;-)   Have a great run!

C0de – Didn’t you ski a lot last week?   10 miles running + a lot of XT (skiing) isn’t a bad week at all.   May tonight’s miles be easy peasy for you!

Shari – You’re running 8 today as well?   I think you, ImNotScott, and Heidi are conspiring!   I hope your run goes well and that good footing isn’t an issue in the least!

Zelanie – That sounds like a tough workout!  Good luck with it!

Robinde – Have a great day whatever you decide to do!

Scrape. – Sorry to hear that your quad is causing you issues!  Hope it heals quickly!

FreeSoul87 – I can’t help with your question, but have a nice run tonight!

Fuzzy – Hope your recovery run goes well later!

I attempted a 15 mile LR on Saturday, but I had to stop at 13 because the hip/glute/knee discomfort that I experienced last week became significantly painful and was making me change my gait.  I ended up limping 2 miles back home and then sitting in the un-heated pool to simulate an ice bath.   The water was painfully, needle-like cold, and I could barely sit still for the little bit of time I was in there, but it did do a nice job of breaking the chain of pain so my whole right side was not on fire.    I did some stretching yesterday, rested from running, and dug out my old resistance bands to use today.    More stretching and some strength work with the bands this morning.   I'm going to make today another rest from running day, but I'll give it a try tomorrow, I think.

Have a Pinktacular day!!   And, may your next run show you how beautifully strong you have become since you started running!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.