Beginners and Beyond

Morning after MONDAILIES (Read 56 times)

Better I Leave

I NEED that one hour of elliptical today.

Damn dude...Much respect. I don't know how you do that on your injury. Good luck on your procedure and here's to a quick/speedy recovery. Smile

Better I Leave

I love you, Scott!

He's right...You are "wicked" fast girl! Smile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10 miles done on the TM.  The snow is really heavy, and I just wasn't feeling very trusting of drivers today.  Even watching two episodes of Dexter, that long on the TM was quite a chore.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Better I Leave

I'm kicking around the idea of doing an easy 3 miles tonight. I'm feeling good enough to think I might be able to pull it off. After yesterday's HM, that would be what is termed a recovery run, yes?

Just B.S.

10 miles done on the TM.  The snow is really heavy, and I just wasn't feeling very trusting of drivers today.  Even watching two episodes of Dexter, that long on the TM was quite a chore.

Good job!  I can only get up to 7 miles max. I just can't mentally take it any longer than that even though we have

a TV in  the basement  where the treadmill is located.

Our friend returned to work today after going south to run the Miami ING Marathon and then going on a cruise.

Hubby said he is showing off his big ass medal!LOL

118th Overall, 3:17:04, age 45. A little slow for him, he usually runs 3:10ish but said since he  still had a week

of vacation after that he wanted to take it easy. Roll eyes  He started running after getting interested because so many

of his friends were into running (us and others).  Started around age 40 and continues to amaze us.

A group of our other friends ran the 1/2 in Miami  and then the Melbourne 1/2 this past weekend. Can't wait to

hear their stories when they get home!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm kicking around the idea of doing an easy 3 miles tonight. I'm feeling good enough to think I might be able to pull it off. After yesterday's HM, that would be what is termed a recovery run, yes?

Yep, recovery run.  I like the idea of doing that run, as long as you keep it slow.  Even if you rest for a couple days after, I think it's useful to get some of the junk out, either the night after or the next day, by doing some easy miles.  It doesn't have to look pretty, and depending on how you feel, it probably won't.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Beth...Thanks.  I hope winter doesn't turn me inside for too many more days, that's for sure!  Nice work by your friend...he probably missed out on some really fast years by not starting earlier!

Better I Leave

Yep, recovery run.  I like the idea of doing that run, as long as you keep it slow.  Even if you rest for a couple days after, I think it's useful to get some of the junk out, either the night after or the next day, by doing some easy miles.  It doesn't have to look pretty, and depending on how you feel, it probably won't.

Kewlness...Muchas gracias Amigo. Smile

delicate flower

Damn dude...Much respect. I don't know how you do that on your injury. Good luck on your procedure and here's to a quick/speedy recovery. Smile

Thanks...it doesn't really "hurt" when I use that machine since it's non-impact.  Definitely some achiness and an occasional burst of pain, but very tolerable.  Battling the boredom is a bigger obstacle.  OMG the boredom...

<3

Pertaining to weightlifting? I'm a big proponent to free weights myself and have often put people on some great regimens involving only dumbbells (you can get a good, full workout with just dumbbells), but I will also incorporate machines for some of my clients. I put my wife on machines often. Hell, even I work a "machine" so to speak as I get some great routines done with my Nautilus smith machine. Regardless, let us know how it goes, I'm sure you'll get some great results. Smile

My first 4 months were just pretty basic stuff just to get my wife and I in the habit of going to the gym 3-4 times a week. So far its worked and I like the results. I am seeing definition where i have never seen it before, I like!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Luke79

SRD.

@ Lily...I read a great book once called Traveling Music by Neil Peart (the drummer for Rush, he's from St. Catherines) and he was talking about how The Tragically Hip are extremely underrated and how much he loved them.  Have fun at your show.

@runjerseygirl

So, I decided that I needed a good cardio workout today, so I hit the elliptical for 30 minutes of intervals.  I threw in a bit of legs, too.  Squats, deadlifts, abductors and adductors.

Do you even run?

Better I Leave

I threw in a bit of legs, too.  Squats, deadlifts, abductors and adductors.

Nice Kay...Especially the squats and deadlifts. Ever do lunges? Talk about BUUUUUUURN!!! LOL!

@runjerseygirl

Nice Kay...Especially the squats and deadlifts. Ever do lunges? Talk about BUUUUUUURN!!! LOL!

UGH!  Me and lunges hate each other.  I do everything weighted, too, so it's especially hateful.  My ass and lunges, however, love each other.  But not until weeks later.

Do you even run?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, this place is getting crazy busy, all these pages already!

Weights for me today after work.  Did two races over the weekend, my reports and photos are on the main page somewhere, if you're interested.   Sunday race was especially interesting, 1,200 people running and walking on the San Antonio Riverwalk.  QUITE crowded, but some nice views of the river from the route.

Busy at work, but will be a kind of short work-week since I have spinal arthritis injections on Thursday afternoon, then will be off Friday.  Saturday, another race, and Sunday, a race on my birthday, which Gail will be doing with me.  She does not run much anymore - hip problems - but is an active power walker and sometimes throws in a bit of run/walk when she does an event.  She does a few 'special occasion" events during the year, like the local Turkey Trot and New Year's Day 5Ks and this year since my run on Sunday just happens to fall on my b-day, she will do that one too.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt