Beginners and Beyond

Morning after MONDAILIES (Read 56 times)

Shirfan, great job finding 9.8 miles o'pavement on which to run. It's been bothersome lately.

I'm getting out of bed in ten minutes, so that I can do my ab work before the washer finishes and I have to now everything over to the dryer.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hi Dailies:

Baboon - good luck tomorrow, I hope the downtime flies by for you

Lily - should be fun, Greg will surely be jealous.

Tom - Yes.  Nobody goes outside on a sunny, 70 degree day and thinks "oh, good football weather".

scrape.- hope it's nothing serious

Sarah - yikes

NotScott - nice hills

Heidi - good recovery run, I see nothing wrong with being around 8:00 when you've been running as fast as you have been lately.

FreeSoul - next time, bark at them like a dog and see what happens Smile

9.8 today on a quest for bare pavement.  I managed to get onto some of it for probably 3-4 miles (busy, highly salted roads) and ran hard whenever possible, 7:24 pace overall.  I may have to join a gym and hit the TM if this streak of unsatisfactory weather continues, I'm worried that it's really a damper on the workouts that I should be doing.

Hah!!! I have already experienced the wrath of those damn birds, and I will not go through that again Cool

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

runmomto3boys

I am in Madison so the track is at the Shell (by Camp Randall) ... it was UW Badgers working out. They were practicing starts from the blocks and some short intervals. I kept watching them on each loop and completely lost track of my pace. I'd love to run at Pettit but that'd be too far to drive ... and besides I only think I'd be able to hang with you on your recovery runs.

Ok, Ok - I got confused.  I thought you were in Madison, but then I wasn't sure and was second guessing myself.  Oh, heck yes it's too far a drive.  If you are ever down in my area, though, I'd love to get together and run with you.  We are very much the same speed, Bruce - come on!  Anyway, keep that in mind as the months progress.  Regardless, I'm still going to see you at Lakefront, hopefully!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Phil!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Well the intervals kicked my butt tonight.  It was kind of a good feeling actually after a couple of weeks where I was sort of floating through things- I found the edge of my current fitness which means I must be pushing it back some, right?

The plan was for 5x3:00 at about my 3K pace and 4% incline.  After the first two, it was more like my 5K pace and a 3% incline.  And I had to work for that!  Tonight was definitely about telling my brain to STFU because I know I can hold on for 45 more seconds, damnit, and I am not going to be slowing down!  And how many second have passed now?  Two?  WTF?  But it was good for me and clearly I need to do more hill work.

After my last recovery I was able to run a fairly reasonable easy pace to finish out the 6.5 I had planned.