Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Morning Crew

Woke up feeling much better this morning. I actually got up before my alarm around 3:50 so I was out a little earlier than usual.

Ran 7mi 8:10/mi avg easy. I included 8 strides during the last 2 mi.

Whats everyone got going on?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Jay, glad you are feeling better.

I jogged 3.3 easy miles.  My knee is about the same as last week, which was what I expected.  I'll not fret it too hard, and just call it a rest day.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles and a 5K race tonight.  Joys.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

How's it going everyone?

Only ran 2 miles last night. My body just was having none of it, so I acquiesced. Typically I'd just grind on through, but since it's the start of my taper, I felt it was probably best to take it easy.

Group run this evening for 6ish miles.

Jay...good run there - legs must have been feeling refreshed.

Pleasant...sorry about the knee. Hopefully you'll start to feel some improvement soon.

Blue...good luck at the 5k!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

'Morning!! LMAO holy crap

My off road sprint triathlon last night went well.  I had a good race, despite 91 humid degrees.  I lined up on the front row for the swim and attacked that swim hard to try to get out ahead of the scrum.  It mostly worked, though I still got knocked around a lot.  I swam a personal best time for the course.  I really wanted to break 7:00 but swam 7:00 flat.  My legs felt great on the bike but I didn't have a smooth ride.  I could have done a better job cornering...killed my own momentum a few times by going too wide and off the trail.  Plus I dropped my chain on the hardest climb and had to run my bike up the hill, which probably cost me 60 seconds.  Still a good ride though.  My run was awesome...passed a lot of people struggling in the heat.  I ran a 7:40 pace for the three mile trail run.  I think I sweated out 15 pounds.

Race time was 57:00 even.

Overall I finished 22 out of 99.

Swim rank - 28 (BOOYAH!)

Bike rank - 44

Run rank - 9 (heh)

My swim strength has officially caught up to my cycling.

Speaking of swim and bike, I swam 2600 yards before work and have a bike workout tonight.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning and similar to Baboon, I would say HOLY MIERDA, I'm so busy.  In court and then all day meetings of creditors.  Who did this?  Oh, yeah, me.  Fortunately, they are all in the same location; I just need to get some time to drive so I can have lunch or faint soon.  Ha.

I have 5 miles and either OTF or kickboxing.  Have not even had time to see what OTF's workout is.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

6 miles with a ladder 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 all around 10K pace (adjusted for the humidity).

Since work is crazy stressful right now, I'll share some pictures from my vacation:

10K in Maine with MrWhiskers

Running in central PA (sooo green compared to the dead dry brown CA landscape!)

The only proper thing to do when it's a nonstop heatwave

Cyberic

RCD

Jay, glad you're better, Baboon nice that your swimming has caught up to your biking, and nice vacation pics, sdWhiskers. Just a simple "hi" to the others.

Docket_Rocket

Bit of a break to eat, so catching up. Now if only I can get my emails to come up but the laptop is not recognizing that I am in a DOJ connection.  Sigh.

Glad you are feeling better, Jay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Nice pics, Whiskers!

Bit of a break to eat, so catching up.

You missed two posts.

<3

LRB

10K in Maine with MrWhiskers

I've never been but it's on the list. How were the eats?

Work for me is almost always nuts when I get back after being off. It's like you're punished for taking off, dammit. It makes me yearn for the days as a yute when I was working at Burger King, where they didn't stop making whoppers because someone took off...okay that was a bit of an exaggeration. I should slap myself for writing that. lol

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Nice pics, Whiskers!

You missed two posts.

Haha I snorted at that one! And your swimming should be better, you do it every darn day! lol Good work last night at the race. I couldn't handle the frustration of a malfunctioning bike.

Docket...Glad you got to eat. I'm constantly munching throughout my day.

SD...fun pics! Good job laddering.

Cyberic...enjoy the recovery.

LRB... I hear ya on the vacation. I'm already dreading how much work I'm going to have to do on my annual 2 week vacation this September. The thought of letting it pile up is worse than just doing it, so I guess I'm making a choice. And yeah, travelling is all about the food! I'm thinking lobster rolls to start (or at least that's what I'd eat in ME).

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Jay - Glad you are better today.

Pleasant - Sorry to hear about your knee.  Good attitude to roll with it and take what you can get.

blue - Good luck tonight!

Baboon - Nice work on your race!  Running up the hill with your bike.... you're one animal of a competitor!

Docket - Hope you get a break soon.... and something to eat.

Whiskers - Nice pics!  I remember visiting LL Bean when I was just a young kid.  That was almost 40 years ago!

LRB - Did you (or are you) getting any running in today, or are you dreaming about Whoppers? 

onemile - (from yesterday)  Glad to see Gracie is doing well and enjoying the hikes!

SIAM - Taper time is like your senior year of high school... isn't everything optional?  Enjoy!

I say that hot weather running is good for you, but yeah, it really sucks!  It was 90 yesterday evening and I could barely muster an "easy" 7 on trail.  I'd watch the sweat just drip drip drip off the brim of my hat.  Should be about 10 deg cooler tonight, but I'm still dreading the run.  Planning on 8 on a hard trail.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Nice pics, Whiskers!

You missed two posts.

Damn it, now I have to actually read them.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Docket...Glad you got to eat. I'm constantly munching throughout my day.

Hard to do that when you're standing on a podium in front of a federal judge for 5 straight hours.  Hold on, Judge, I need to eat some chips... Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page