Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES the Great (Read 29 times)

LRB

It's nice when you can start your day at your leisure, versus the awfulness that is the work week.

Anyway, I'm at Starbucks getting an injection of wonderful. Once it's done, I'll head over to the trail to run for an hour.

No more marathons

It's nice when you can start your day at your leisure, versus the awfulness that is the work week.

Anyway, I'm at Starbucks getting an injection of wonderful. Once it's done, I'll head over to the trail to run for an hour.

I had my regular cup of Caffè Americano brewed in my home espresso before hitting the roads for my one hour.  Smile

Feeling mostly back to normal and the 7 miles I ran produced no discomfort.  Still looks like my HR is higher than it was for a similar workout a month ago.  Must still be a bit fatigued?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I wish the cats had not woken me up at 6 and 7am...

Orange Theory coming up.  Then 6-8 miles total for the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did a 21/3 combo in the fog and 100% humidity.  The parts that didn't suck were pretty good Smile.

I'm going to run about 5 tomorrow, or die trying.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

And yet my body does not know, and wakes me up around 5:30 anyway. Despite not being able to fall asleep till sometime after 1:00. Still better than having to go to work though.

5k later. No idea what's in my legs, but pretty sure it's not gonna be a PR day. I would be happy with something around where bluerun and onemile were a few days ago, in the 20:30s. But would not be surprised if I struggled to break 21. Last year I ran 20:22 on this course; beating that would probably be the A goal.

Dave

LRB

And yet my body does not know, and wakes me up around 5:30 anyway. wakes me up every 2 - 3 hours, every night since forever. 

^ me. 👎

LRB

5k later. No idea what's in my legs, but pretty sure it's not gonna be a PR day. I would be happy with something around where bluerun and onemile were a few days ago, in the 20:30s. But would not be surprised if I struggled to break 21. Last year I ran 20:22 on this course; beating that would probably be the A goal.

You figured out a way to make it work. Wonderful. 

delicate flower

Hey.  Fixing to head out for a four hour workout in a bit.  Welp, see ya later!

<3

No more marathons

Hey.  Fixing to head out for a four hour workout in a bit.  Welp, see ya later!

Damn.  I never.

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

2.18 at OTF.  Migraine is gone but so exhausted and dehydrated from it, it was not fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah.........

Dorian would not fall asleep last night, I'm pretty sure it was like midnight before he finally quieted down. And I didn't hear my alarm at 2:40 AM but he made sure to wake me up at 5 AM or something like that. I was way too damn tired to get up and do anything.

So I tossed him and Jetta into the Tahoe and we headed to the Evansville riverfront to get in... I don't know... anywhere between 3-6 miles. About half a mile in we had to come to a stop as the greenway from that point on was closed off due to the Shriners Airshow, so we turned back around. Got in 1 mile there, then we headed to the riverfront in Newburgh, stopping at Hardees for a Chicken Fillet Biscuit (Dorian got Hash rounds). The greenway was quite active, and irritating but I tolerated it... except for screwing up and leaving my garmin paused for .1 miles.

Technically we ran 5.1 miles, but my garmin says 5.

First one in Evansville:

No automatic alt text available.

Then in Newburgh

No automatic alt text available.

So a total of 6.1 miles - no pain but the sun was trying to kill me.... it was 72 degrees but it sure felt like 85 or something with that damn sun......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ha. 20:36, split the difference in their times. Good enough for a 1st place AG ribbon!

Rewarded myself with a postrace Javachip Frappuccino.

Glad I ran it.

Dave

No more marathons

Ha. 20:36, split the difference in their times. Good enough for 1st AG ribbon!

Rewarded myself with a postrace Javachip Frappuccino.

Nice on both counts.

He's a leaker!

Nice on both counts.

Also met a 67yo woman who was in the Senior Games in Birmingham. Told her I know all about them. 

Dave

Strava had this giving me my best 1/2 mile time. However only my 2nd best 1-mile time (1st was at this race last year), so I guess no free shoes. All this mainly due to a downhill at the finish.

Dave