Beginners and Beyond

PSA Chobani "recall" (Read 107 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Not a formal recall but

Chobani is pulling some of its Greek yogurt from supermarket shelves after hearing of "swelling or bloating" in cups.

The company said it has investigated and found a type of mold commonly found in dairy that may be to blame.

Chobani said the affected product came from its Idaho facility and represents less than 5 percent of its total production. The company has been working with retailers to remove and replace containers with the code 16-012 and expiration dates Sept. 11 to Oct. 7.

from ABCnews

============

You may want to check your fridges.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

delicate flower

The pineapple and coconut flavors rule.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for sharing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mostly harmless

Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sharing my pineapple with anyone.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I love the blueberry and black cherry, pineapple isn't bad and the peach was tasty. My little man loves any that I give him.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Their truck at the race Monday said, "#tastesreal".  Now I don't trust it.  Does it TASTE real, or is it real?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

catwhoorg

Labrat

Their truck at the race Monday said, "#tastesreal".  Now I don't trust it.  Does it TASTE real, or is it real?

#firstworldproblem

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

tracilynn

Yes! I threw 2 away yesterday because they were about to EXPLODE.

~~~~~~~

Traci

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Yes! I threw 2 away yesterday because they were about to EXPLODE.

I do the same thing when I see those - usually it's after it's sell by date - but YIKES.

delicate flower

Dammit, I bought vanilla instead of coconut.  Imagine my disappointment today when I went to eat my delicious coconut yogurt, only to shovel a spoonful of dull vanilla into my mouth.  Sad

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Time to go check what's in my fridge. DS and I eat the stuff daily.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

Dead

Too much sugar!  I purchase plain, add frozen blueberries and some honey and some chia seeds and I'm good to go.  A lot less sugar.

And, in a pinch, or, now all the time, the plain subs for sour cream.  DH eats it on all the Mexican food without complaint.

Jess runs for bacon

Ugh, yogurt makes me ralph. Even just the smell of it makes me nauseous.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

yogurt on mexican food??? heck I don't even like sour cream. I haven't tried the plain greek yogurt yet, but I might have to try it with blueberries, strawberries or bananas.

Dead

Too much sugar!  I purchase plain, add frozen blueberries and some honey and some chia seeds and I'm good to go.  A lot less sugar.

And, in a pinch, or, now all the time, the plain subs for sour cream.  DH eats it on all the Mexican food without complaint.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Love the Half

yogurt on mexican food??? heck I don't even like sour cream. I haven't tried the plain greek yogurt yet, but I might have to try it with blueberries, strawberries or bananas.

I've tried plain yogurt.  It sucks ass.  Give me some sugar, thank you very much.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).