Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins feel a wee bit Scottish!! (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

In honor of Bagpipe Appreciation Day, here you go!

I have quartet rehearsal tonight, and we will NOT be using bagpipes!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 @ too high DP (for Chicago).

How's mom, Docket?

Jill.

Penguin Power!

So cute!

D - hope your mom is doing well.

Today I did 3.3 on the treadmill.  I didn't wind up running yesterday.  This house buying process is really frustrating.  Initially the seller said she'd get back to us "early this week" concerning our offer.  Now she's saying that she's showing the house all week and accepting offers until next week.  Part of me just wants to say "fuck it" and walk, but hubby really loves the house and just wants to increase our offer.  Sometimes I worry that he's just concerned about "winning"... I'm worried that by waiting this out, we will lose out on our second choice house as well as this house because the owner is setting up a bidding war.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.  I have not heard about my mom today but surgery was successful last night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page