Beginners and Beyond

Take Two TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Good morning.

I woke up around 3:30 with a splitting ******* headache that is still tapping at my brain three hours later. Pills are actually a last resort for me, so I will go for a jog instead. It's funny how I'm willing to try running over traditional medicine, let's hope I don't blackout and fall on my stupid face somewhere.

'Sup?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Welcome to spring? Damn pollen counts & allergies. I woke up to a sore face. No running for me. There is rain in the forecast for the next 10 days or something crazy, normally I'd be pissed, but this means forced recovery. I decided to be "that person" and posed the question for the RM company asking if the half course was short. I noticed yesterday that the map has no mile 13!!!!!! Every other mile was labeled. Too bad I didn't notice that minor detail before whipping out my credit card.

LRB, hope the run goes well & clears stuff up. I've had headaches where I feel ok during exercise & then it comes back when I'm done.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Good morning.

I woke up around 3:30 with a splitting ******* headache that is still tapping at my brain three hours later. Pills are actually a last resort for me, so I will go for a jog instead. It's funny how I'm willing to try running over traditional medicine, let's hope I don't blackout and fall on my stupid face somewhere.

'Sup?

Is it a sinus headache or just a normal headache?  When I get bad headaches I can't move or walk without my head pounding so good on you for trying to run it out.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

LRB

Is it a sinus headache or just a normal headache?  

It was dilemma induced. That is, I went to sleep with a problem that I needed to wake up with an answer to. (it's how I deal with things sometimes) I woke up with the solution but at a cost. lol

No more marathons

Lacing up shoes for two track races - 1500 and 10000.  Bleah.

MTA:  My first races in a new age group - 65-69.

Not quite 65 yet (got another month to go) but for the senior games they use any birthday in the year.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Not quite 65 yet (got another month to go) but for the senior games they use any birthday in the year.

Racing on a Tuesday? Because they're Senior Games?

Cyberic

Ran 6.5ish.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either 6 with 2 at MP or 5 after Pilates tonight.

LRB, hope the run helps.  Running does not help my migraines; it actually make them worse, like after the Paris Marathon, ouch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Because they're Senior Games?

Prune juice at the water stations.

GOOD MORNING I SAY NOW!  I swam 2500 yards before work.  My legs had nothing, man.  NOTHING.  I've also got a recovery run to do later.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

1500m on the track is great, but 10,000m? Don't lose count of the laps.

They use any birthday in the year? Hmmm? I may have to reconsider running in the local Senior Games since I turn 70 this year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

7 miles, legs feeling light as a feather.

Puts me over 200 for the month, and 1000 for the year. Which puts me on pace for >3000 for the year, which is wack, because hell if I'm gonna keep up this kind of mileage all year.

And a happy 51st birthday today to the King of Queens, Kevin James. Also to me. I like to think I've kept myself up better. Senior Games, here I come.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 in the sun. I got a little warmer than I wanted, but it was still better than freezing.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

since I turn 70 this year.

And run ultras...

onemile

7 miles, legs feeling light as a feather. 

Are you following the taper exactly as written or modifying it?

Are you following the taper exactly as written or modifying it?

I AM FOLLOWING EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS WRITTEN!

So if I fail, I can blame Pfitz 100%

Dave