Beginners and Beyond

Race Photos (Read 1197 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

If I hadn't already promised to run the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon in 2013, I'd sign up for Grand Rapids.  I've heard so many good things.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

That is a fantastic picture, LRB!!!

I was running. I swear.

Love these...You're so smiley and happy. 

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Blue Runner- This was the OKC HM that I spent telling myself 'I'm not gonna puke, not gonna puke' the entire race. I ate some kind of chicken pasta dish the evening before and it started haunting me about midnight. I tried to look happy when I saw a camera, but there were a few pictures that my true feelings were on display. I did NOT buy those.

bluerun

Super B****

That definitely does happen, I got this picture below in a 10k last March - it might seem like I'm staring down the cameraman, but I don't even remember the guy being there!!

You know, for someone who claims to be allergic to photographers... Tongue

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Peace out!

Toronto Women's Half Marathon, May 2012, racing on my 50th birthday

I'm calling shenanigans. That is NOT a 50 year old. You look about 18 years old!  Awesome pic!

PRs:

5k -    22:39      12/11     10k -  49:10      11/11

20k -  1:56:56    9/12      13.1 - 1:54:07    3/12

30k -   3:05:54   9/12      26.2 -  5:00:27 10/12

happylily

I'm calling shenanigans. That is NOT a 50 year old. You look about 18 years old!  Awesome pic!

He's right, coolrunning. You look the same in both pictures. You're pretty adorable when you're running and smiling. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Misty

I'll have official photos later, but here's a finish line pic Dh snapped yesterday.  This is what a person looks like who has vomited/dry heaved the last 6.1 of a HM.

Misty

Bless your heart.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Agreed NOT a 50yo!

Agreeing on "shenanigans" call!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Mmmmm...beer

Got my first floater from my 5k on Sat. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just B.S.

I don't buy many races photos because hubby and I race a lot and it's expensive enough just for two people

to enter so many race, so most of my race photos are "after race" or "lifted" from a website.

These are all from 2012, I turn 51 3 weeks from tomorrow. I hope it's as good a running year as I had

this year. I also think I should call this my year of "I've been everywhere man"......lots of miles put in running,

racing and traveling to races in 2012.

Post race in January in Bermuda for my 50th bday. This was after the 10k, the day before the full.

Yes I am almost always talking.

Taken by son at the start of the Ottawa half marathon in May. We were going there to visit our son so we

planned our trip around the marahton. IIn case you couldn't guess, that's me in the middle, in pink yet again.

This is me finishing the Maine Marathon in Portland Maine, Sept 30th, marathon #5 and a PR at age 50. (4:20)

This is me at a half marathon 3 weeks later at home in Canada,  on Oct 21st, another PR race (1:57), with

hubby for our traditional post race photo.

Mostly harmless

I love looking at all these pics.  You guys look great!

Here are mine:

Crossing the finish line at my first (and only) marathon last March.  Shamrock 2012. 

Post race, pretending to not be in pain.

At the Baltimore HM in October.  I like this one because it looks like the cute girl is smiling at me even though I'm sure she was looking at someone else. But yeah, she digs me.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

happylily

I'm not one who consciously tries to chick male runners (I'm more after the females in my AG), but when I happen to pass a man and it is captured on camera, I sort of like it. :-)  (but jeeze, the more I run, the more my arms are becoming puny things and my legs are these large tree trunks Surprised Ewww...)

And how to look like a total dufus. Big grin.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

SkyFlash

My all time favorite photo.  About 10 miles into the Chicago Half.  If you let the shadow in the wet pavement play with your head it looks like a big time floater.  Smile

My finish of the same race the year before in the same shoes: