Beginners and Beyond

Race Photos (Read 1197 times)

LRB

Robert - love the photo of guy behind you on left side of picture who has to duck . Otherwise, he hits his head on the inflatable finish marker.

+1

I laughed out loud at that!  How does that happen - lmao!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Robert - love the photo of guy behind you on left side of picture who has to duck . Otherwise, he hits his head on the inflatable finish marker.

Look closer, there is someone farther right than the ducking dude!  LOL

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Yeah that's the one I was talking about.  Hilarious!

kitteh

ok, here are all of my race photos evar from my entire racing career, all 12 months of it! I apologize in advance for this horribly self indulgent, narcissistic post!

One Year of Races: A Retrospective

FIRST RACE EVAR the Santa Monica 5000. Oct 2011 10k 56:19

LA 13.1 January 2012 1:57:40

Firecracker 10k Feb 2012 54:04

Bruin Run 5k April 2012 23:00 (80's theme) They didn't have a race photog, so here is before the race, bathroom pitstop

SM Classic 10k May 2012 50:24. Sporting pigtails

Pride Run June 2012 49:37 2nd in my age group!

Jet2Jetty 10k August 2012 49:07 First Place in AG Can't seem to find a race shot, so here is my pre-race GUNZ shot

SM 5000 10k First Race I Ever Ranniversary! October 2012 I was hoping for a PR but finished in 54:45 instead. This also happens to be my first pregnant race!

FIN

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

After finishing my first HM last month...finally got around to buying the pics. Smile

LRB

After finishing my first HM last month...finally got around to buying the pics. Smile

Flip, Flip Hooray!

Flip, Flip Hooray!

Flip, Flip Hooray!

Imma wait until after the Holidays to but mine 'cuz right now they're a million dollars!

happylily

I'll take running a marathon in 75F weather over running one in 30F whenever I can. To hell with the finish time!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I would be lucky if any of my marathons down here were in 75F.

And as usual, you are super cute. 

I'll take running a marathon in 75F weather over running one in 30F whenever I can. To hell with the finish time!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Agreed NOT a 50yo!

LOL, just getting back to this thread after a few weeks and never saw the shenanigans comments!  The secret to looking younger in race photos is to smile.  I really am 50 and in the photos where I am not smiling it looks like my face has fallen Cry and I look close to my mom's age!  ARGH, how and when did that happen?

happylily

I would be lucky if any of my marathons down here were in 75F.

And as usual, you are super cute. 

D., I'll be in Bermuda in January and the weather should be around 65F, the day of the race. You can practically swim to Bermuda from Florida, come run with me! Smile That, or Ottawa in May! Just never mind Paris. Who wants Paris when you can have Ottawa? Big grin

Docket_Rocket

D., I'll be in Bermuda in January and the weather should be around 65F, the day of the race. You can practically swim to Bermuda from Florida, come run with me! Smile That, or Ottawa in May! Just never mind Paris. Who wants Paris when you can have Ottawa? Big grin

Boo.  I already have two marathons in January, but we can attempt a 2014 one.  BTW, Key West is returning the Key West Marathon and it's in January.  Food for thought.

I love Paris in the Springtime!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I'd love Paris any month of the year.:-) But Key West in January sounds appealing!

Docket_Rocket

I'd love Paris any month of the year.:-) But Key West in January sounds appealing!

I'll keep you posted.  I'll bet it's the same weekend as Disney, but I can live without doing that marathon one time.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ultra Cowboy

Here is my Best of from the last 6 years including my first race/ race picture ever...Mayors Marathon 2007, Anchorage Alaska

It was fun so I entered another race...Rockn'Roll San Diego 2008

With My Daughter in a local 5k in 2010

Stepping it up...2010 Warrior dash

2009 Trail race at Salt point State park

Finishing my first 50k in June

This August at MUDman

From this November in a 5k

WYBMADIITY

Save

Flippy - awesome shot of you... it captures the "uh huh I did it spirit!"

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot