Beginners and Beyond

Race Photos (Read 1197 times)

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

See, i think you look like a very competent runner pushing through pain.  I just look stupid.  But in the interest of having a laugh (and I have no pride), here it is! 

finish

just to clarify, this is what I look like when I'm not looking so special, lol

Oh wait, here was me with my medal:

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

LRB

Nice flicks!  Much ado about nothing.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

I can own it.  I learned a little something in my first race.  In order for me to get good pics I need to:

1. wear sunglasses

2. increase my stride length when I'm coming into the finish line since I tend to look like I'm walking all the time.  Even when I'm speedy (for me) I look like I'm walking!

3. Try not to be rejoicing - look focused.  Mental images of Rocky. 

4. Improve my race-day fashion and don't grab whatever tech clothing is clean.  I need to pay Damaris or Steph to come up and style me!

LRB

I can own it.  I learned a little something in my first race.  In order for me to get good pics I need to:

1. wear sunglasses

2. increase my stride length when I'm coming into the finish line since I tend to look like I'm walking all the time.  Even when I'm speedy (for me) I look like I'm walking!

3. Try not to be rejoicing - look focused.  Mental images of Rocky. 

4. Improve my race-day fashion and don't grab whatever tech clothing is clean.  I need to pay Damaris or Steph to come up and style me!

Believe me when I tell you, the only thing that matters is the timing of the finger on the shutter button.   A good shot is mostly all luck!

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Believe me when I tell you, the only thing that matters is the timing of the finger on the shutter button.   A good shot is mostly all luck!

Pfft, you just have to spot the cameras and be ready for them!

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

xor

Whoa.  Hey Doc ran a 2:57 marathon.

NICE

CeeDotA

Here's a couple of recent ones.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

This was my first HM last month about 200 yards from the finish. 1:44:48.

Zelanie

Liz, the one photo I have of myself during a race I look like I'm out for a stroll and texting a few steps before the finish line.  And it's from my 5K PR. Blush 

Clearly I've gotta run another one just to get a better photo.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Whoa.  Hey Doc ran a 2:57 marathon.

NICE

Yes.  Yes I did.

on an unrelated note I was pretty amazed that it took me 34 minutes to get to the starting line! 

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Liz, the one photo I have of myself during a race I look like I'm out for a stroll and texting a few steps before the finish line.  And it's from my 5K PR. Blush 

Clearly I've gotta run another one just to get a better photo.

lol, texting  a few steps from the finish line cracks me up!  Maybe you were posting your RR on here...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Here I am running a slow 5k after injury. It was pretty hot so my face is red. I don't know why they do a May evening race in San Antonio.

We do evening races in San Antonio, Dan, cuz we want to make you suffer.    Joking  I remember that event...you finished just about twice as fast as me, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Pfft, you just have to spot the cameras and be ready for them! 

That is awesome!

I disassociate when I run so I usually don't realize they were taking pics until I'm at home!

@runjerseygirl

This is what happens at the end of a race, when you're banging out your first ever sub-9 mile after having already run 4 at your average pace.  It's not pretty.

Do you even run?