Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies and omg weather (Read 47 times)

delicate flower

A 50 degree weekend in February?  Yes, please!  Today is a bike day for me.  I am scheduled for 55 minutes on the spin bike, but screw that noise.  I'll be heading outside with the tri bike for a 20-40 mile ride.  Heh.   I may swim later too, but no promises.

How r u!

<3

From the Internet.

So many decisions: race in 2.5 hours. I still have to register, which I will be heading out to do in about 20 minutes (it's just down the street from me). I haven't had a double digit run since December. Do I race the 5K as a fitness test and feel like death for 3 days, or do I finish the 10 miler and maybe treat it like a fast-finish workout?

LRB

A 50 degree weekend in February?  Yes, please! 

Enjoy that. We were in the 50's Friday and yesterday, although with the wind, it was more like the 40's, which is what we have today. Still, I am not complaining, this winter has been a breeze.

LRB

So many decisions: race in 2.5 hours. I still have to register, which I will be heading out to do in about 20 minutes (it's just down the street from me). I haven't had a double digit run since December. Do I race the 5K as a fitness test and feel like death for 3 days, or do I finish the 10 miler and maybe treat it like a fast-finish workout?

If there were a 5 mile option, I would choose that. lol Have fun whatever you do!

From the Internet.

If there were a 5 mile option, I would choose that. lol Have fun whatever you do!

That would make for an easy decision, but alas there is only the 5K or the 10M.

LRB

That would make for an easy decision, but alas there is only the 5K or the 10M.

This wouldn't even be a question for me if I were where you are. Your mileage is still relatively low, I wouldn't be ready to race 10 miles at this point, but you know yourself better than anyone.

From the Internet.

This wouldn't even be a question for me if I were where you are. Your mileage is still relatively low, I wouldn't be ready to race 10 miles at this point, but you know yourself better than anyone.

I definitely wouldn't be racing if I do the 10, just a crowded long run with maybe a few MP-HMP miles at the end if I feel good at that point.

From the Internet.

WAH. I think I'll race the 5K. Will report back later! I expect to probably throw up and definitely be disappointed with my time, haha. But it'll be good to have an idea where my fitness stands right now.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 in mid 50s and light rain.  It was most excellent.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I don't feel well in the BP department as the BP is a bit high, but nonetheless I will run a LR on the TM later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

17 miles with 8 at MP. 66.5 miles for the week. Yesterday, for the first time in ages, I cut my run short as I just didn't want to run anymore. It was a bit physical, but mostly mental. So today's run is very satisfying.

No more marathons

WAH. I think I'll race the 5K. Will report back later! I expect to probably throw up and definitely be disappointed with my time, haha. But it'll be good to have an idea where my fitness stands right now.

I've also decided, last minute, to hop in a 5K today.  It's called the Frostbite 5K - but with temps in the low 60's, it will be anything but that. Race start isn't until 2:30.

Last ran this race in 2010 - got third in age with a time of 22:10.  IIRC it has a long up grade in mile two that takes a bit out of you.  I think I'll be happy with that 22:10 time today - like Lauren this is to let me know what kind of shape I'm in for some key races in May and September.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

That will mean you did it right.

Dave

LRB

Morning!  I don't feel well in the BP department as the BP is a bit high, but nonetheless I will run a LR on the TM later.

Get invited to the after party did we? Sweet. Cool

LRB

I've also decided, last minute, to hop in a 5K today.  It's called the Frostbite 5K - but with temps in the low 60's, it will be anything but that. Race start isn't until 2:30.

Last ran this race in 2010 - got third in age with a time of 22:10.  IIRC it has a long up grade in mile two that takes a bit out of you.  I think I'll be happy with that 22:10 time today - like Lauren this is to let me know what kind of shape I'm in for some key races in May and September.

Interesting race time. You should well awoke by then.