Beginners and Beyond

The Penguind Weekendailies (Read 16 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!

PADRunner

Out for 6 shortly. 67 degrees on its way to 79 today.

LRB

I see what you did there. Cool

Zelanie

Morning!  I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'm thinking of moving my LR (just 10) to today.  But I have DOMS from my MP run on Thursday, which makes me tempted to wait another day and just do my 6 today.  Somebody at running club was talking about the first phase of Hanson's being the "shock and awe" phase, and I'm feeling it.  The first two weeks were cake, but now the relentlessness of the thing is catching up to me.

PAD- Sounds like a delightful day.  Smile  Enjoy the 6.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 8 with hubby this morning.  Bryan Adams concert tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

That was a short warm spell so back to the last 3 months of winter. 25 for the week. Streak is at 34 (record is 35).

We are dog sitting this weekend while DD's went to Baconfest in Des Moines.  BTW, It's very hard to run with a pit bull.