Beginners and Beyond

The Thursdailies. Some Like it Wet (Read 57 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cool   WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day , acupuncture and flight. Let's hope for no flight delay.  The tropical system hitting us may say otherwise.

Marjorie

Good luck Marjorie!

6.43 this morning at 8:44.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

delicate flower

HELLO THURSDAY!  I love checking my e-mail first thing and see meeting cancellations.  Hooray!!  I'd like see more e-mails of that type.

So I had another good run last night (9.2 miles at 9:29 pace on a regular road route) so I looked back at my prior runs on this route.  It turns out I'm right about where I was last June.  Interesting.  I just assumed I'd fallen back further than that.  I'd like to be where I was in December, but I seem to be coming along just fine.  Good stuff.

Today looks like an elliptical day by default.  Have a great Thursday!

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.  Based on our weather, it may be Friday night before I'm able to run again.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Morning miles were in the middle of TS Andrea, with a tornado watch but they were done.  Off to work from home!

Marjorie, travel safe.

Dave, nice run and pace.

Baboon, hooray for meeting cancellations!

Robert, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Today is my friday!   Leaving tomorrow to go to my "little" brother's wedding.  And by "little" I mean he's four years younger but a half a foot taller. (which is saying something since I am not short!)   I'm excited.  I am so friggin happy for him!

Anyway, so last night's trail run was awesome and I might have found my new favorite trails to run.   Rocky and rooty but nothing too crazy that I had to walk.  (We tried another state park last year that was just one big rock garden and it was impossible to run!).   There's a race at that park in two weeks and I was going to do the shorter distance (3 miles) but the 5-mile loop is doable now that I've run it.

On tap today - try to get this work day to fly by and hopefully get a bike ride in tonight.  Kettlebell class was canceled, so I have to find something to do with that hole in my usual schedule.

Happy day y'all!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Where are you, Marjorie, that you have a 'tropical' system?  Safe travel!  Good luck with the acupuncture, that could have your nerves on needles and pins...

Congrats on the 6, DaveP.

Nice running, Baboon, congrats on your comeback!

Sorry about the bad weather, stay safe, Robert.

Hope Andrea does not hit you too hard, Damaris.  Otherwise, you'll really have frizzy hair!  Way to get the miles in.

Congrats on finding a trail you like, Oski.  Watch out for skunks!   Wait...that probably only happens to me on a trail run, lol.  Hope you can get your bike ride in tonite!

AFM: Since my Y membership allows me to use all the YMCAs in the San Antonio region, I've been 'exploring' each one and their surrounding areas.  Today I went to a Y that was about 5 miles from my house.  It opens at 5 a.m. on weekdays, so very convenient, since I have to be at work by 7: 30 a.m..   Got in 4.4 miles in a very nice neighborhood around the Y - except at one point I got a little 'lost' and ended up on a dead end road and had to turn around and run back up a GIANT hill, but it's all good.  At that time I had the locker room pretty much all to myself, nice private showers at the Y too, and a little snack bar where I could get some gatorade post-run, sweet.   This Y membership for me and Gail is really working out, because she likes to do the pool in the morning and the pool at this Y also opens at 5 a.m.     Only 10 more local area Y's for me to explore, and I'm having a blast doing it, running in all these different areas.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

SRD for me. I did do about 45 minutes of my own combo of yoga, body weight strength training, core work, stretching and rolling this morning. I might also get a short bike ride in later today to go to a friend's house for coffee, if it doesn't rain.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty I'm in Charleston SC. This is where I live.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty I'm in Charleston SC. This is where I live.

Yay!  Then I will get to FE with you when I do the Cooper River Bridge Run, which has been on my "Race Wish List" for quite a while now.   My cousin lives near Charleston, I will probably stay with her.  She travels a lot, though, so playing it by ear for a place to stay.  I think there is an Air Force base in Charleston, right?   As retired military, I can stay in the billeting on the base, that might be convenient too.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

It's about to get really wet in our neck of the woods  Undecided

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2010/images/radar/610x480-overlay.gif

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  After yesterday's PT appointment, I get to go down to one appointment a week, and up to 5 miles a run.  So, progress!

Today I will run 5ish, maybe with the social group for the first time in forever, but depending on my work schedule.  I need Phil to send some of his meeting cancellation emails my way!

Hope everyone has a great day!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

One of my friends just posted this on my FB timeline - see, I told you running was BAD FOR YOU! Smile LOL

http://www.today.com/health/after-10-mile-run-woman-gives-birth-surprise-baby-6C10224162

flarunner

Mornin' Peeps! (It is still morning, right?)

OK, so, the alarm went off at the regular time this morning (3:30) and my first thought was that I just wanted to stay in bed and sleep. Then I remembered that Tropical Storm Andrea is right over there a few miles west of me. Well, can't go out in that. It's not safe.

So, after a few hour sleep in (yay!) I got up and went running anyway. In the rain, the wind, the storm, and, I just found out from the TV, the Tornado warning.  Shocked  For my county, pretty much where I was out running.

I did get 8 miles done. Should have taken a bar of soap with me.

Oh, here's a pic of the radar. I'm in the yellow part on the left.

Have a great day peeps! Stay dry and safe!