Run to live; live to run

What, you all at the beach?

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Monday so rest day for me

Marjorie

I wish.

8 miles easy. Humid. But felt good, not feeling any after-effects from the 20 yesterday.

MTA: Happy Labor Day, and to our Canadian friends, Happy Labour Day.

Dave

LRB

What, you all at the beach?

Yes, if you call running in a bowl of warm stagnant soup the beach. lol

6 done, which were not that bad when running in the 6 MPH breeze.  Unfortunately it was an out and back, so the wind giveth and the wind taketh away.  lol

Like Dave there were no after-effects 24 hours removed from what for me was an 18 miler, other than slower which is to be expected.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

RD for me.

And ONLY 2 MONTHS until the Monumental Marathon!!!!! Only 60 days baby!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

RD for me.

And ONLY 2 MONTHS until the Monumental Marathon!!!!! Only 60 days baby!!!

Ignorance is bliss.  lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ignorance is bliss.  lol

Lol  I am excited, I wanna pop this cherry damn it. As long as I've trained smart and taper smart (that's a small concern) and get to that start strong and fresh, I don't care what my time it is, but I will give it my best. The only thing out of my control is the weather..... and to be honest that scares me. I can run a half marathon in monsoon conditions but I don't know if I could do it twice the distance. And a friend of mine said that in 2012 it hailed during the IMM...... she didn't go into detail how big the hail was. I am just praying it is as beautiful and cold as last year was, last year was perfect weather.

BUT I will not focus on the negative parts, at least not right now. I am just trying to focus on being excited and worked up. If this goes well, then my chances of having a 50k under my belt by the end of next year are much stronger.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Ric-G

No beach today...but hot enough to go....7 miles this AM. Have a great one everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  RD as we travel back today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I actually quit procrastinating on my weight training and got up this morning and went to the Y at 7 a.m. and did my weight training circuit.  It's been about a month and OMG, my muscles were really yelling at me by the time I was done.  I really have to be more disciplined about doing this regularly, like my running.   After my circuit, I then got on the Stair-Master for 10 minutes....cuz 10 minutes is all I could last!  Have not been on that thing in forever and forgot how it kicks my butt!  Like my weight training, going to have to build back up again.  Definitely a good workout though, overall.     And in looking at our local weather.....YAY.  All our temps for the week are predicted to be below 100 for the week - high of only 97 tomorrow - so I can go back to being an after-work runner.  At least for this week, anyway.  Down here, as fickle as Mother Nature it, it could be 55 for a high one day and then 101 the next day.  Sheesh.

Happy rest day, Marjorie!

Congrats on the 20 yesterday, Dave.   And to you, too, LRB, on your 18.   Sorry about the humidity, I can relate to what your dealing with, I think this morning I could have cut blocks out of it, the air was so thick this morning.

Gee, FreeSoul...not excited at all about your upcoming marathon, are you?  No doubt in my mind you will do great...maybe even...MONUMENTAL! 

Maybe no beach, Ric, but at least you have some woods, which will make it feel a little cooler.  Not much, probably, but every little bit helps.

Wishing Damaris and her DH safe travel today!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I actually quit procrastinating on my weight training and got up this morning and went to the Y at 7 a.m. and did my weight training circuit.  It's been about a month and OMG, my muscles were really yelling at me by the time I was done.  I really have to be more disciplined about doing this regularly, like my running.   After my circuit, I then got on the Stair-Master for 10 minutes....cuz 10 minutes is all I could last!  Have not been on that thing in forever and forgot how it kicks my butt!  Like my weight training, going to have to build back up again.  Definitely a good workout though, overall.     And in looking at our local weather.....YAY.  All our temps for the week are predicted to be below 100 for the week - high of only 97 tomorrow - so I can go back to being an after-work runner.  At least for this week, anyway.  Down here, as fickle as Mother Nature it, it could be 55 for a high one day and then 101 the next day.  Sheesh.

Happy rest day, Marjorie!

Congrats on the 20 yesterday, Dave.   And to you, too, LRB, on your 18.   Sorry about the humidity, I can relate to what your dealing with, I think this morning I could have cut blocks out of it, the air was so thick this morning.

Gee, FreeSoul...not excited at all about your upcoming marathon, are you?  No doubt in my mind you will do great...maybe even...MONUMENTAL! 

Maybe no beach, Ric, but at least you have some woods, which will make it feel a little cooler.  Not much, probably, but every little bit helps.

Wishing Damaris and her DH safe travel today!

Well ain't you just slick with words lol. We've got storms predicted all week.

PRs

Zelanie

Slept late this morning, and then DH made challah bread french toast.  Yum!  Today's running plan calls for 6 easy miles, which sounds pretty nice.  School starts tomorrow, though, and I have a TON to do.  Let's see if I can avoid the urge to go in to work.

Marjorie, thanks for starting today's thread. Have a pleasant rest day.

DaveP MI, excellent eight.

Rick, sweet six.

FreeSoul87, have a pleasant rest day. Two months? ExcitingSmile

Ric-G, bravo on the seven.

Damaris, have a safe and uneventful trip.

scottydawg, nice workout.

Zelanie, your breakfast sounds yummy. Enjoy your run.

My fever is gone. (Yesterday, I ran 3.0 easy with my temp at 37.2.) I'm still sneezy. I'm not running today. A friend and I are going to hike in the Blue Hills later this afternoon.

B-Plus

Last day to wear white! That means I'll stay home in my tighty whities today 

6 coming up

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Last day to wear white! That means I'll stay home in my tighty whities today 

6 coming up

Wait what?

PRs