Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #135 (Read 28 times)

KCRuns

Good morning!

KCRuns

I ran 5 with 15x 1:00/1:00 fartleks.  Like Tuesday, I started around 10k and worked my way down to 5k.  That was tough.  But it feels good to do something more than just a super slow run/walk.

3.5 mostly elevated, and 100% uncomfortable, likely it for the day.

the added downside is it’s made me hungry 😡

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 5 and weights. Likely on the TM as it is storming on and off all day and super windy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning.

I went to bed with a headache last night, didn't take anything, and hoped it would go away. Woke this morning with no soreness in my legs whatsoever, and I wanted to get in 10 miles of rollerblading.... except for my head was killing me 

So I'll be getting that 10 miles in this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

11 on the AlterG.

I got an email from American Express that the APY on my savings account changed again. When I opened that account, it was 2.1% -- that's why I opened it. Ever since then, I've been periodically getting messages to say that it dropped. It's now 1.3%. Why even bother??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I ran 5 with 15x 1:00/1:00 fartleks.  Like Tuesday, I started around 10k and worked my way down to 5k.  That was tough.  But it feels good to do something more than just a super slow run/walk.

Nice. I think we can all appreciate that. Depending on the season, I'm usually in some sort of speed phase or stamina phase or endurance phase. But after C19 blew through and ruined all of our plans, I've just been kind of lolly gagging around. 

sdWhiskers

Foot is still sore, no idea wtf. Reading online about PF is terrifying. If I try to point my toes, my entire foot feels like it's going to cramp up. Hoping it just needs a few days rest and stretching. Cycling seems to make it feel a bit better, so maybe stretching during the pedal strokes is helpful.

I rode for 40 min this morning. It is pretty awesome to roll out of bed and just jump on the bike.

LRB

11 on the AlterG.

I got an email from American Express that the APY on my savings account changed again. When I opened that account, it was 2.1% -- that's why I opened it. Ever since then, I've been periodically getting messages to say that it dropped. It's now 1.3%. Why even bother??

I just took a CD that recently matured and transferred it to my general account, figuring if I need access to it with all that's going on, I'd have it. Had the rate of return been near anything not laughable however, I would've left it.

TL/DR: +1

sdWhiskers

I keep some money in a useless savings account just for quick access but I don't expect any increase. Any money that I want to make money from I've put in Vanguard.

onemile

Nice. I think we can all appreciate that. Depending on the season, I'm usually in some sort of speed phase or stamina phase or endurance phase. But after C19 blew through and ruined all of our plans, I've just been kind of lolly gagging around. 

The only thing keeping me doing workouts is RRP - he wanted to start following my coach's training and has been running all workouts with me the past.. 6 weeks (and has been for the most part matching my weekly mileage)?  And "with me" is becoming more and more "ahead of me" as he is getting back in shape   He ran his 1k's at 5:47 avg (6:07 for me..) we started them together and walked the recoveries but then I got tired of getting shorted 10-15 secs and let him start first 

Tonight will be his first Mona and he is looking forward to that.  Me? I could think of a million reasons to skip it.  But having plans keeps me from backing out.

KCRuns

Foot is still sore, no idea wtf. Reading online about PF is terrifying. If I try to point my toes, my entire foot feels like it's going to cramp up. Hoping it just needs a few days rest and stretching. Cycling seems to make it feel a bit better, so maybe stretching during the pedal strokes is helpful.

I rode for 40 min this morning. It is pretty awesome to roll out of bed and just jump on the bike.

I bet the cycling does help!  Whenever I've had PF flare up, massaging and rolling my calves made the biggest difference.

LRB

The only thing keeping me doing workouts is RRP - he wanted to start following my coach's training and has been running all workouts with me the past.. 6 weeks (and has been for the most part matching my weekly mileage)?  And "with me" is becoming more and more "ahead of me" as he is getting back in shape   He ran his 1k's at 5:47 avg (6:07 for me..) we started them together and walked the recoveries but then I got tired of getting shorted 10-15 secs and let him start first 

Tonight will be his first Mona and he is looking forward to that.  Me? I could think of a million reasons to skip it.  But having plans keeps me from backing out.

For me, I was deep in the trenches of the mona, and then it was over! It was really weird in that regard.

It's great that you're maintaining your training. And even better that you've got someone pushing/pulling you. Where's URP?

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, are you wearing cycling shoes? If not, I wonder if the flex in running or other shoes is bothering your feet?

onemile

For me, I was deep in the trenches of the mona, and then it was over! It was really weird in that regard.

It's great that you're maintaining your training. And even better that you've got someone pushing/pulling you. Where's URP?

URP ran a couple workouts with us, wherein RRP and I dropped him (URP hadn't done more than one workout with me post Houston, only EZ runs so he couldn't hack it, was gasping for breath, clutching his side and had to stop ) and then after that he seemed determined to get back in shape and did one workout where he was able to keep up but had to work for it and since then has always had an excuse why he can't run on the workout days.  He has been running plenty of easy runs with me (last night and Monday both) but I think he doesn't like to work that hard.  He's doing Mona tonight tho!