Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - No wind. Winning. (Read 38 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7.8 miles on a beautiful morning.  High 20s, calm, and ALL the stars made for awesomeness.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 10 and Pilates.

This week has been too busy.  I have court for the next 4 hours (on the phone at least), and a big hearing tomorrow morning.  That does not count the trial I had yesterday and Court on Tuesday.  Is it Friday yet?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

8 on the AlterG (laddered repeats because I was bored), during which I got a text that my work has a delayed opening today.  It would have been nice had they told me that when I still had a chance to sleep in, but since I was already up, I just came in at my usual time and will be fleeing this dungeon early instead.  So there.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I'll be happier than a proctologist in a room full of politicians when two things occur; it is daylight when my run begins, and I'm wearing shorts, something I haven't done since November.

zzyzx

Today's excuse for laziness is my new shoes. They're a tad heavier than my old pair and I felt some soreness in the back of my legs as I did the stairs. lat pulldown, leg sled, 3/4 stair challenge. Yes lazy is 115 flights of stairs but...

onemile

Onemile:  What's going on with your knee?

My left kneecap is sometimes mis-tracking when I take a step, usually during the first two miles of a run or even just when walking, especially on hills and then I get pain under that kneecap and have to stop/can't put weight on it. When I start back up again, it is usually okay and then after the first 2 miles of running, it doesn't happen for the rest of the run.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The snowfall turned out to be only 6" or so and by noon the sun had dried the streets so I was able to get in an easy 7 mile run.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

sdWhiskers

I'll be happier than a proctologist in a room full of politicians when two things occur; it is daylight when my run begins, and I'm wearing shorts, something I haven't done since November.

Both of these for me! I slept in and started just as the sun was rising, in tank and shorts. It is warm and super humid right now though. We're supposed to get our version of Snowmageddon later today (i.e. half inch of rain).

Werd.

Shockingly, we still haven't had any snow this winter... Kidding.  Not about the snow, but about the shock.  Bert, those pictures were COOL, love the train one.

Yesterday I broke the streak and took the day off.    Kind of sad, but my quads were still pissy, and there's no need to be stupid so I can win some sort of "weirdo runner thing" contest that does not actually exist.  Safety first!  They feel much better today, took the stairs and felt fine, so maybe tonight I'll get out for a mile or so.  Although, I may need an ark because as Whiskers said, we're getting Rain today.  Allegedly.  I've been looking out the window for 4 hours when torrential rain was supposed to be occurring, and not a drop.

Probably this means it's holding off until I step outside, at which point all of it will unleash at once.  I could likely create the same phenomenon if I were to go grocery shopping at the precise moment I exit the store to the car with a cart full of things packed in cardboard and my car at the opposite end of the lot.  It's just the way of things.

sdWhiskers

Yesterday I broke the streak and took the day off.    Kind of sad, but my quads were still pissy, and there's no need to be stupid so I can win some sort of "weirdo runner thing" contest that does not actually exist.  Safety first!  They feel much better today, took the stairs and felt fine, so maybe tonight I'll get out for a mile or so.  Although, I may need an ark because as Whiskers said, we're getting Rain today.  Allegedly.  I've been looking out the window for 4 hours when torrential rain was supposed to be occurring, and not a drop.

Probably this means it's holding off until I step outside, at which point all of it will unleash at once.  I could likely create the same phenomenon if I were to go grocery shopping at the precise moment I exit the store to the car with a cart full of things packed in cardboard and my car at the opposite end of the lot.  It's just the way of things.

Lol. I slept in this morning because I did not want to run in the dark AND rain but lo and behold, all dry outside. Still no rain. If it could wait until after the evening commute, that would be great. Otherwise, my 6 mile drive home will turn into a 60-90 minute drive.

I was feeling particularly ragged this morning after yesterday's MLR, and to make it worse my lower back pain has returned. Not quite as bad as last time (so far), but not feeling too good. I started my run but it took about a full mile for things to loosen up a little; I was at least able to turn my hobble into a shuffle. 5 miles, in the rain.

Dave

Oh and here's a pic from my recent HM. Not sure at what point in the race that was, since the expression on my face reflects how I felt pretty much the whole way. (Incidentally the shirt is from my first marathon, in 2012. It's seen some mileage.)

Dave

GinnyinPA

Dave - were your hands cold? Or just clenched? You definitely look like you were in the pain cave.

Beautiful day here - 42, sunny, and windy. At this rate, the snow could be gone before I do my weekend long runs. I ran an easy 5.2 recovery miles that somehow ended up averaging around marathon pace. I'm wondering whether I should aim for a little faster pace on race day, since 9:20 has become my easy pace.

Runshortii

Onemile: Hope your knee gets better. Earlier this year I was having really bad knee pain, would come on in the first half mile and hurt super bad for the first few miles and then disappear. I also had to keep it straight even when sitting in the car or it would hurt so bad for hours after. And then it magically went away. Injuries are weird.

I ran 6. Still a little stiff from weights on Tuesday. Beautiful day out.

LRB

Shockingly, we still haven't had any snow this winter... kKidding.  Not about the snow, but about the shock.  Bert, those pictures were COOL, love the train one.

lol

I've never done it, and can't ever say I will, but I am amazed by those who run the day after a marathon. Not like it's some sort of monumental feat, I've just never had any desire to do it.