Beginners and Beyond

True to Self WednesDAILIES (Read 268 times)

LRB

I had an FANTASTIC tempo run tonight!  I did 10.2 total miles with 4 at tempo pace and hit 6:59 pace or those 4 and averaged about 7:52 pace for the whole run.  I am SUPER thrilled with that!!! 

Supp X!

You were on an indoor track correct?  Was it banked, and if so how was that?  I last ran on a banked track in high school in 19 frickin 82!

I do have access to an indoor track though, and just might buy myself a foot pod to check it out. 

Hmm...

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hi dailies!

Sorry I haven't had much time to post or even read. Just skimming the thread tonight.

Worked my 12, shot pool (rather poorly tonight), and I'm fixing to head off to bed soon. 1 more day shift - yahoo!

I'm hoping to avoid playing pool tomorrow night - I have way too much to do, and the Thursday league nights just go on and on and on. I just don't have time to sit around waiting for my turn to play. Not this week.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I'm hoping to avoid playing pool tomorrow night - I have way too much to do, and the Thursday league nights just go on and on and on. I just don't have time to sit around waiting to kick some strangers ass!

FYP!

Thanks, B-Plus. I wonder what I'll do when snow arrives here:/

RM2B, I told you? I don't remember doing that.

Tom, why don't you just say that you have another commitment (to yourself)? Your sanity and happiness re important, too.

I did my ab work. I had a horrible time managing my PMS

Thanks, B-Plus. I wonder what I'll do when snow arrives here:/

RM2B, I told you? I don't remember doing that.

Tom, why don't you just say that you have another commitment (to yourself)? Your sanity and happiness re important, too.

I did my ab work. I had a horrible time managing my PMS today and getting through tonight's run. So, after a light dinner, I treated myself to a bowl of chocolate ice cream and peanut butter. It. Felt. So. GOOD. I wonder if dietary changes and/or beginning a supplement regimen would help with my monthly fluctuations. I should look into that.

LRB

Not to get into your business BS but the monthly has been stumpin' mofo's for a million years girl.  You ever figure that out and you'll not only have your own running website, sheeit you'll have your own internet!

No worries, Rick.
              B-Plus

Sparker & jjs – Welcome!

Pink – Way to get that hot run in. Send some of that warmth my way.

D2 – You’re getting so fast.

DR – I hope you enjoyed the day off.

Luke – Way to listen to your body. I ought to try that some time.

RMTB – That’s a super-awesome tempo pace! You’re gonna rock this cycle.

I ran 7.1 @ 8:41. Most of the running path was clear, but there were some soggy and slushy parts. The worst part is the times when I completely submerged my feet in the cold melting slush.

runmomto3boys

Supp X!

You were on an indoor track correct?  Was it banked, and if so how was that?  I last ran on a banked track in high school in 19 frickin 82!

I do have access to an indoor track though, and just might buy myself a foot pod to check it out. 

Hmm...

I was!  It was my first time on an indoor track.  It went well.  It's 443 meters - so good size.  By banked do you mean are parts of it raised up?  It wasn't. This is a two lane flat track around the Pettit Center, which is and  indoor ice skating rink (Olympic training one).  I think it is actually going to be good for me to run there.  Remember how I got freaked out w/all the people and craziness of the race?  Well, there's a lot of that happening on/around the track w/the speedskaters/figure skaters/hockey players on the ice, lots of runners, little kids doing drills, etc.  Very different from my every day runs and a good change of pace for me.  Besides, it's too slippery outside right now for me to do a tempo run.  The foot pod was AWESOME.  I calibrated it beforehand and it appears to be dead on.  A very worthwhile buy.  It told me average moving pace, lap pace, distance....all that business.

B-Plus: OMG, that is why I HATED my run last night.  My feet kept getting soaked by the puddles/snow/slush.   Uggh. Great job in making it through 8+ of that.  It's no easy task.

Basya: Chocolate ice cream + peanut butter cures all ills.  I'm glad you indulged!

B-Plus

It's 443 meters - so good size.  

B-Plus: OMG, that is why I HATED my run last night.  My feet kept getting soaked by the puddles/snow/slush.   Uggh. Great job in making it through 8+ of that.  It's no easy task.

What's with the 443 metres? Is that converted from a standard yardage?

The cold puddles are the worst!!! I can handle the snow - I just slow down as necessary. One tip for you, since you probably get mad amounts of snow in WI. If there is snow on the ground that will impede your run, this is a great time to run by time. So if you have 13 miles on the schedule that would normally take you 2 hours, then just go out and run for 2 hours and see how far that gets you. Of course if it's unsafe, then it's time to run straight to the 443 metre track. Good luck this winter. What a great excuse to buy new winter running gear!!

Hi dailies:

I read the thread but am too brain-dead for personals tonight.

6.7 miles at 7:13 pace.

Signed 1000 pieces of paper downtown, cut checks, got 1000 more pieces of paper and my keys.  Drove out to the new place and took some time to explore our land, and found that we have a pond!  Hockey is *on* if winter ever happens again.

runmomto3boys

What's with the 443 metres? Is that converted from a standard yardage?

The cold puddles are the worst!!! I can handle the snow - I just slow down as necessary. One tip for you, since you probably get mad amounts of snow in WI. If there is snow on the ground that will impede your run, this is a great time to run by time. So if you have 13 miles on the schedule that would normally take you 2 hours, then just go out and run for 2 hours and see how far that gets you. Of course if it's unsafe, then it's time to run straight to the 443 metre track. Good luck this winter. What a great excuse to buy new winter running gear!!

I have no idea - maybe it's just larger b/c it's surrounding a rink and that's what it worked out to be???  No clue.  I love the run by time idea.  I've never done that before and would have pish poshed it any other time, but I definitely see why that will be necessary/a great idea this winter.  Thanks for mentioning it!  I am going to try to cope w/it the best I can and I want to run outdoors a lot. 

Jay: Fantastic run, as usual!  Congratulations on the new home and on discovering a POND!  OMG!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Congrats on the new casa, Shirfan! how cool that you have a pond!!! I went to yoga tonight...strong focus on core work. I'm going to feel that tomorrow for sure.
                          Docket_Rocket

Hi dailies:

I read the thread but am too brain-dead for personals tonight.

6.7 miles at 7:13 pace.

Signed 1000 pieces of paper downtown, cut checks, got 1000 more pieces of paper and my keys.  Drove out to the new place and took some time to explore our land, and found that we have a pond!  Hockey is *on* if winter ever happens again.

Congrats.  It is an awesome feeling, isn't it?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats.  It is an awesome feeling, isn't it?

Yes, a little daunting but mostly awesome.  I have to remind myself (and DW even moreso) that not everything needs to be done right away Smile

5 recovery pace