Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday: Half off all bottles of wine day 🍷 (Read 36 times)

LRB

Hi,

I ran 7. It was pretty chilly so I doubled up downstairs. It was the right call. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  The government is closed today so instead of being in court all day, I'm home, yay.  I have 10 miles outside tonight but fortunately, we are having a cool front so I get to run in mid 70s tonight.  TM part should be here tomorrow, FFS, hurry.

Damaris

delicate flower

I almost creamed a deer during the drive into work.  Little bastard charged out in front me and I don't know how I missed it.  I slammed on the brakes and was bracing for impact.  Everything on my seats went flying.  If I was one second faster, that would have been ugly, although I would have had a good excuse to miss work today. 

Anyway, I've got a bike workout later.

<3

delicate flower

FYI, Fenix 5X is awesome, and I LOVE not having to wear a HR strap any longer.

<3

From the Internet.

Morning!

I dragged the child to 6 AM track practice. It's indoors so I don't feel too bad about it, lol. Base workout was 5x1k repeats, 2:30-3 minutes rest (jog a lap and stand around for the remaining time), with the option for more reps at the end. Last time I did ks over the summer I ran 5 at 4:10-4:05, today was 3:57 for the first rep, cut down to 3:51 by number 5, and coach had me do one more since I was still looking relatively fresh - 3:52 with a big negative split because I started off a little TOO comfortably. Pretty happy with that! Looking at an indoor 3k next weekend. I was going to do one this weekend, but coach is out of town and will be at next week's meet. It'll be nice to have guidance/support on site!

onemile

FYI, Fenix 5X is awesome, and I LOVE not having to wear a HR strap any longer.

Do you wear it under your sleeves when it's cold out and just not look at it?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.  I always debate what to do when I wear a shirt with thumb holes in the cuffs.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.  I always debate what to do when I wear a shirt with thumb holes in the cuffs.

I wear mine under the shirt and put the thumb hole over the watch so I can see it.  As you can see from my profile picture (those arm warmers have thumbholes and I'm wearing the hole on the other arm.

Damaris

onemile

I wear mine under the shirt and put the thumb hole over the watch so I can see it.  As you can see from my profile picture (those arm warmers have thumbholes and I'm wearing the hole on the other arm.

well that defeats the purpose of thumbholes then. Thumbholes are a substitute for gloves and if I push the sleeves up, I need gloves when it's 30 or colder

Bert-o

I lost my rama

You can also use a Scosche Rhythm+ or 24 with the Fenix 5.  Wearing it on the forearm isn't as annoying as a chest strap, but still another gadget to deal with.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

delicate flower

No, I always roll my cuff up so I can see it.  Last night's run was 25 degrees.  The two dropoffs in readings were crosswalk stops.  I've heard the cold can mess with the readings but it seems to hold pretty steady, as the HR mostly corresponds to uphill/downhill efforts.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

You can also use a Scosche Rhythm+ or 24 with the Fenix 5.  Wearing it on the forearm isn't as annoying as a chest strap, but still another gadget to deal with.

It looks like another optical HRM.  Is it any more accurate than the optical HRM built into many watches?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

KCRuns

Good morning!  I was going to run to work today, but I chose sleep instead.  So I'll hit the gym during lunch.

I need my thumb holes to help keep my hands warm. In the winter, I wear my watch over my sleeve and so far, the heart rate info is pretty close to when I wear it next to my skin.  I'm guessing the accuracy will go down when I start adding more layers. But I also don't use the heart rate info for training like some of you do, it's more of a curiosity after the fact.

delicate flower

I have never used the thumb holes in my sleeves, ever.  If my hands need warmth, I wear gloves, and I'll always err on the side of wearing them vs not wearing them.

<3

onemile

I need my thumb holes to help keep my hands warm. In the winter, I wear my watch over my sleeve and so far, the heart rate info is pretty close to when I wear it next to my skin.  I'm guessing the accuracy will go down when I start adding more layers. But I also don't use the heart rate info for training like some of you do, it's more of a curiosity after the fact.

Mine seems to be a bit higher if I wear it over my sleeve.

I also don't use the data so I don't care and wear it on top of my sleeve anyway.